Close

FEP Power Member

Default FiTech and HOLLEY sniper EFI kits

Anybody ever use one of these kits? Wondering how they work, etc

Hello fellow NB-er! No, haven't used. Probably mediocre, with default settings. I have to say that the real benefit to such incredibly expensive systems are the tune-ability. IF someone were to install and really dial it all in to exactly what the vehicle combination wants, it should function very well...
    Last edited by Walking-Tall; 06-07-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

FEP Super Member

There are hundreds if not thousands of pages on the web , regarding this topic .
    Would be less embarrassing , if you spent some time searching .
    Good luck .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopss View Post
    Anybody ever use one of these kits? Wondering how they work, etc
    I have the Fitech meanstreet 800hp EFI on my bronco. I haven't done much driving other than in my driveway so I can't offer you much info. I did have an issue getting it running, called their number and the person I spoke to was very knowledgeable and helpful. Base settings are for a 350" motor, mine is a 545 so the idle air settings had to be changed quite a bit. The tech guy talked me right through it.

I bought the top of the line Fitech blowthrough 1200hp EFI for my '79 f-150 build. Just in case I decide to get a little froggy with it down the road.

I've swapped in a factory 5.0 mass air EFI into a 1979 mustang. Got tired with trying to tune that, same with other OBD1 mustang computers. I used Tweecer and Moates software. Then added a Megasquirt II system which was much more tune able.

The Fitech systems (and probably their competitors) are dead simple. EFI fuel pressure system with a return. Wide band O2 sensor, water temp, and power is pretty much all you need to hook up.

Jess
    Last edited by Mustang-junky; 06-07-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

I'm running an MSD Atomic system on mine and have the MSD ignition integrated into it for full timing control. I'm pretty early into it yet but am slowly getting it tuned and sorted. It certainly makes tuning easier than with a carb, and it really tames the idle with my more aggressive cam and compression.

All the systems seem to be quite good, so you just need to do some research to figure out which one is best for your needs.

I've got the Fitech 'Go Street' 400 base system on my 5.0. Started up and idled nice first try. I haven't done much tuning on it, but I haven't needed to, it runs really good. I used their inline pump and had fittings for supply and return welded into my fuel tank('80 Fairmont) and I ran new fuel lines. Modifying and installing the fuel system was the most difficult/involved part of the installation.

I have the FiTech Go Street 400 on my capri. I haven't put a lot of miles on it but so far it works pretty well. The only issue I've had is isolating its tach wire from rf interference from my MSD distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by gandyj View Post
    The only issue I've had is isolating its tach wire from rf interference from my MSD distributor.
    I'm using the original DuraSpark unit that came in the car; no issues with interference.

I will hopefully be buying a holley super sniper in the next couple months. I've decided to go with them after reading about all the problems fitech has had and the poor tech support, plus the sniper has software you can download on a laptop and make way more adjustments than just on the hand held. I've already downloaded the software and have been playing around with it to familiarize myself some before it gets here.

One thing I do really like about the fitech though is the pwm option for your fuel pump. Wished the sniper had this feature

Blog Entries

Fitech is my choice, basically because it is the only one that will work on a draw through application.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

The super sniper is draw thru capable. http://www.efisystempro.com/sniper/s...finish-550-512
    Last edited by 79mustang; 06-10-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Will a stock dual snorkel air cleaner fit over the Fitech or Sniper Efi?