Hows it going? Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I recently picked up an '84 Mustang hatch GT with T-Tops. I picked up the vehicle as a roller with no engine and trans. 95% of the interior is there and there is very little rust on the pinch rails. Ive been reading up on all the info on my vehicle such as decoding the buck tag on the radiator support since the tag on my door jamb is pretty washed out from when it was repainted. So far, looks like the car hasnt been heavily modified. I did verify through research that it is an original GT t top with electric windows, manual locks, factory AC, has spoiler with no rear defrost, and no hood scoop. Original paint was, I believe its called Medium Canyon Red (was repainted white in the past) with canyon red interior as well. Although Im really fond of the original paint, I just dont like how the interior doesnt stand out being the same color, so Im repainting it white. I just took off the dash this weekend and was really bummed how many pieces were being broken since its the plastics are really brittle. So far I need a new dash pad, seat track, one visor, center arm rest and the rear trunk cover the complete the interior.

As far as the power plant, Im using a 5.4 Lightning engine mated to a 6r80 trans. All im waiting at the moment is for my maximum motorsports k member and A arms to arrive so I can slap this engine in. I pretty much have everything else for the front suspension. After everything is test fitted, Im going to remove everything in the engine bay so I can paint match my engine bay white. Vehicle already has a 5 lug conversion but unfortunately, the rear end was swapped with a 5 lug 7.5inch. Anyways, let me see if I can upload some pics. Looking forward to learning more about these cars!