Looking for specific advice on my 1986 GT hatch, which is a daily driver.

The car is almost completely stock set-up (with exception of CAI, throttle body, and an after-market hose wizard AC conversion).
It was also lowered an inch or maybe an inch and a half several years ago (saleen springs). I have owned the car since it was new in 86.

Everyone always says the first thing to do to a fox body is weld on subframe connectors. Well, I never have done that.

Lately, I have been choosing things ( such as shocks/struts, bushing replacements, clutch, etc. ) with drive-ability in mind. I like the sporty-feel when I drive but it's not like I am ever racing this car at this point. I am just enjoying driving it on a very regular basis.

So, with that said... should I put subframe connectors on it or not?

Will it improve the ride ( less rattles, vibrations, bone-jarring going over holes or speedbumps) or make it worse?
Again, at this point I am choosing things that will make the daily ride enjoyable.

Is it better for the longevity of the car itself to get the subframe connectors installed? I mean, will it reduce the chances of some break-down or failure in the unibody down the road?

I bought some full-length subframe connectors a few years ago but I have never had them installed because the ride is pretty good as-is. If it will improve it more, I'll do it. Just not sure what to expect from that standpoint.

Thanks!
-Eric

PS: pics of car are here if you are interested...
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-daily-driver