Close

Default 83 Mustang GT vert

86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

That is dealer installed AC but it looks like they used OEM parts to do most of it. You can tell by the slide in dash vents. I had a dealer AC GT350 that had those exact vents. They just cut holes in the factory solid bezels and inserted those vents. It's on both sides. It would also have flexible "dryer vent" type tubes behind them rather than molded plastic. It also would have the best of both worlds. It would still have the heater core that can be changed out in 10 minutes AND AC if it was like mine! I enjoyed that part.

I have never seen a 1983 GT with raccoon eyes, and all that chrome inside, and no GT on dash.

I am not sure on this one. I am getting a GLX feeling. I don't think the GT vert was available with that interior and the chrome trim in the door panels says GLX to me. Nice car but I am not sure about GT authenticity.

**After looking again I am going to say this is not one of the 993 GT convertibles for 1983. All the chrome trim and accessories on the interior are not consistent with a GT and the dash bezel doesn't have the right finish for a 1983 GT. I understand that the bezel may have been changed out for dealer added AC. You can see red overspray on the edges of the dash bezel which is a red flag for me due to the carelessness. Oh well, still going to drive like a 83 GT convertible but just not one of the 993.

Attachment 121308
    Last edited by 83GTJIM; 06-01-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

That looks more like a reflection of the red dash on the chrome border of the trim. But I agree looks like if could be a GLX the dash trim on a GT doesn’t have a chrome border as far as I know. Could this be a wood grain on that was painted?. The pinstripe on it doesn’t look right. I’ve never seen a GT with one that wraps around the trunklid. The black headlight buckets and chrome interior parts give it away for me. I would like to see the buck tag on this one.
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 06-01-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

It is not a GT. Last six of the VIN is too low.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I was in contact with this owner 2 days ago, I told him he may want to remove the GT from ad until he can verify if it is a GT, or he may have repercussions if the new owner finds out it is not as advertised. He said it looks just like the one sold at Barrett Jackson in 2016 and they listed it as "certified" I told him that that one also had all chrome trim inside and I was pretty sure it was not a GT. The last 6 # of vin on that one was 144293 so now it seems to be verified by FoxChassis as the # of the one on BJ was even lower so it must not have been a GT. I told him to check bucktag or get a Marti report. I told him BJ must not check, and they must just go by what the seller tells them. The owner seems like a good guy and just is going by what he has been told. He said he has been getting offers, I told him good luck on sale. The car looks nice!
    Last edited by Dave9052; 06-01-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Harland (FEP name PONYRYD) from the 1983 Mustang GT Convertible Registry has all of the VIN for all 993. He knows the lowest VIN. It is 196407. Anything lower than that is a GLX.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

^^^Thanks for sharing your knowledge^^^