Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spark knock

So I sit all weekend waiting for tuesday or so to get some lifters ordered Monday when the specialty engine shops open.
    Meanwhile my neighbours driving aroumd his project subaru..
    So don't use hydralic lifters as they dont make them to handle modern grinds.
    Like Fsakes almighty all this money and time for a freaking lifter?? Week #3... hopefully these ones I get last at leadt 3 hours.. at 100 dollars an hour expensive to keep a 302 running.
    10 weeks left then can not drive in the winter.. hopefully can drive it soon.. F comp cams. I might call them up to tell them they suck and thier parts are 100% chinesium.

Quote Originally Posted by 78futura View Post
    So I sit all weekend waiting for tuesday or so to get some lifters ordered Monday when the specialty engine shops open.
    Meanwhile my neighbours driving aroumd his project subaru..
    So don't use hydralic lifters as they dont make them to handle modern grinds.
    Like Fsakes almighty all this money and time for a freaking lifter?? Week #3... hopefully these ones I get last at leadt 3 hours.. at 100 dollars an hour expensive to keep a 302 running.
    10 weeks left then can not drive in the winter.. hopefully can drive it soon.. F comp cams. I might call them up to tell them they suck and thier parts are 100% chinesium.
    Update. Spent 200 dollars and 8 hours changing lifters etc. Now has that sowing machine noise that I heard the 274h makes.(must be based on the lifters as comps never made noise... same sound occurs under load.. I am so pissed.. I will change wires again and distrubutor and coil.. just throw parts at it I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by 78futura View Post
    Update. Spent 200 dollars and 8 hours changing lifters etc. Now has that sowing machine noise that I heard the 274h makes.(must be based on the lifters as comps never made noise... same sound occurs under load.. I am so pissed.. I will change wires again and distrubutor and coil.. just throw parts at it I guess?
    Ok I took apart the distributor again and bent the tabs as far as I could and it is much better. I can actually drive the car for the first time in years. When it hits 3rd I have to back off or will ping.. will tune a bit more and should be ok..
    I am going to the fathers day car show on saturday!
    My dad who is 72 is driving 2 hours to check it out.
    I only see him a couple times a year. He had a 66 comet 390 brand new 4 speed dual exhaust new and loves old fords.
    Happy as hell.. will ping even less with 3.31 from the 2.64 it has now.. stall is 2500.
    Thanks for the ideas and support guys! I was all over the place on this one.. wowzers!!

Enjoy time with your dad! Also enjoy the car show!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234