Close

Default 1984 SVO 9W -12,400 Original miles

I am selling my 1984 SVO 9W Dark Charcoal Met. with 12,400 original miles, VIN 1FABP28T0EF1411191.
    I have enjoyed owning this piece of automotive history for the last 4 years and driven just under 3,000 miles on it mainly to car shows and fun weekend drives. I have recently purchased a 2016 Mustang GT and no longer have the garage space so regrettably must sell to the next curator of this beautiful survivor.

The car was delivered new in New Mexico and the first owner kept the car for the first 15 years and put 8950 miles on the car. The car is a true survivor in it's original condition including it's 9W paint, it was ordered with the leather interior and sunroof options and was built on December 6th 1983, which was the last month of slapper bar cars. (I have the Marti Report for the car and Ford Performance Certificate of Authenticity letter)

The interior on this car is in excellent condition with the seats, carpet and all panels like new condition, including instrument needles that are bright red. The only issue interior wise is the typical age related sagging vinyl headliner and deteriorated flock on dash panel.

The engine bay is near perfect still wearing its original hoses and belts, factory markings are still clearly visible under hood , hatch and rear-end housing. The underside of the car is super clean and rust free owing to years of pampered storage. The car comes with it's original one year only Goodyear NCT tires, the current tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 radials.

The car runs and drives great and everything works including cold A/C. Over the four years of ownership I have done the following maintenance:
    -Replaced both low and high pressure fuel pumps
    -Replaced Fuel Filter
    -Replaced fuel filler neck gasket and tank vapor valve seal
    -Changed coolant and flushed brake fluid
    -Tune-up including spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor (Motorcraft parts)
    -New Fuel pressure regulator
    -Serviced A/C with new line fitting 0-rings and re-charge.
    -All original parts replaced have been kept with the car.
    -Any parts replaced were OEM where possible.
    -I have previous owners receipts showing over $3k in maintenance.

-The car does have the following age related flaws mentioned earlier as well as a few stone chips on the front of hood and on the lower rocker panel trim. In addition the original owner confirmed that the upper driver door was retouched due to factory paint defect.

This car is truly a rare survivor find with this low mileage and outstanding condition.
    Asking $14,900 and can provide additional photos to serious buyers.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Edsel45; 05-26-2018 at 08:39 AM.

More pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Nice looking SVO!

Congrats on the new 2016 GT and GLWS!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

That is a great price for a low mileage SVO. I just bought a 42,000 mile 85.5 SVO and paid $12,500 for it. If I didn't have that one, I would be all over yours.

Man that would go nicely with my 9W 5.0 1984 GT. I just wish all SVOs had the flush headlights. I just can't do without them personally. That is one amazing ride for sure though. You might try listing it in Hemmings too. You want top dollar and I think it is pretty obvious that it's worth top dollar but you need more exposure to find someone with the beans to spend that much on a toy. Good Luck with her, It sure was in the right hands all these years as you took terrific care of it!

Homer,
    Install covers......
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Senior Member

OR switch to 86 style like I did on my 84.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Beautiful car! No doubt that car, at that price, is a deal.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Homer appreciate the advise on listing on Hemmings, I was considering listing on a classic car site but was not sure which one to go with, that seems like a great option.
    I too like the flush lights of the 85.5-86 but wanted to keep it stock so i put the flush covers on it.

FEP Senior Member

Any chance this car came from IA? I remember seeing a low mile SVO in this color for sale a few years ago.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Yes i did buy it from a guy in IA.