I had to find a replacement shroud for the original that was broken in an accident.

The original was in very good condition and had an eggshell/sheen finish to it. The replacement, while in good shape has a couple of minor issues.

I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

1. Oxidation on the exterior, upper and top portion The interior looks like it was unaffected. As you can hopefully see, the replacement (top) looks faded. The "oxidation" for lack of a better word, seems to be surface. I tested a small spot scratching with a fingernail and it looks like it's only a layer on top. I did a light attempt with some compound but no real impact. Can a method be recommended to remove this? I'm leery of jumping into abrasives right off, scratching it up and ruin it.

Name:  IMG_2395.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  69.3 KBName:  IMG_2396.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  74.3 KBName:  IMG_2399.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  61.1 KB

2. Paint overspray. In it's life the replacement's car had been sprayed and there is some paint and overspray (grey and black) on the underside. I'm not sure of what material the shroud is made from and whether I can use any chemicals or whether I should go with abrasives when I do the oxidation removal.

Name:  IMG_2397.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  77.1 KBName:  IMG_2398.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  76.8 KB