Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    I guess Floridians have the best of both worlds then!!!...

After 50 years in Cali, still waiting for the "big one".
    Have you had any storms recently ?

On a side note, what is a "no see um" ? I never even heard of um.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go wash the ash particles off the car.

Please, everyone stay safe.

I just went for my smog test today and the shop could not locate my car by plate or Vin in the DMV system. It’s been off the road for a lot of years but funny that the DMV has no problem mailing me annual registration letters with my Vin and plate number so I know it’s in the system. And I came in prepared with a detuned to stock spec (car is not happy at stock 6 degrees timing) and my Magnaflow CalCat receipts. Now I have to make a trip to the Smog Referee for the once over. I sure wish CA kept the 25 year exemption rule in place so I could bypass all this!
    Last edited by m81mclaren; 03-23-2019 at 01:47 AM.
    Current FEP:
    1980 M81 McLaren Carb Turbo 2.3T #003P ... IT'S ALIVE after a 22 year slumber thread!

Past FEP:
    1986 Capri GS 5.0- very missed but in goods hands
    1985 LTD SSP- quick little fox 5.0

FEP Power Member

Did you try looking it up yoursefl on the website. Often I would find 15 years of history listed. I thought the database was only to confirm status of last smog check. As long as you are paid up to date, I would think it’s just a Smog check and go.

Btw, they are working on exempting 83 to 76.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Cash-grab nonsense, all of it. What's real funny is the apparent importance of all of this nonsense that is slowly seemingly fading out of style within places in Canada, with "e-test" programs being dropped...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

"could not locate my car by plate or Vin"...
    Had that happen once. Brought in the title, registration, proof of insurance, and they reentered it.
    New tags are required every year. No problem there. But had no record of car? WTF.
    Ok now. I hope. Have to check again this year.
    No one knew exactly why that happens but does. Was missing for years. Car did not even show up on a traffic stop.
    State DMV (called 'S.O.S' for short here) later said database drops vehicles after so long even if titled/plated/driven.
    Yet never send any notice when that happens, or even check unless asked to.

Similar with the truck. Was told plates were too old (3 or so years). Had to purchase new. 5.00.
    They could not explain why the system said new were needed, nor could look up how 'old' the plate really was.

The wait in line was the same as in the 70's.

I agree S. California weather is very fine overall.
    High costs keep most of the population from moving there.
    How long will they allow cars/trucks to coming in from other states and pollute?
    Someday cars will become so expensive to drive few will be able to afford to. And the smog will still be there.

FEP Member

I just lost my green plate.the guy at the inspection shop said it wasn’t visible enough and to worn.it was my first plate.got it 1992 when I got my license.the registry didn’t charge me for two new red numbered plates...wasn’t happy.i kept the plate and hung it on the wall.this new inspection rules you mentioned above got me nervous now.im over in middleboro and I’m planning on getting my 85 gt on the road this coming Tuesday.all the smog stuff is still on it,which is good,but I have a h pipe and mufflers waiting to be mounted up..plus I have a lot of future mods I want to do..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12