Close

Thread: Wheel fitment

Default Wheel fitment

Saw these wheels on a Grand Marquis today. Would they fit if i were using lmr 5 lug 87 to 93 swap kit. Even the center caps would be ok on a Capri. I figure these wheels are easier to find than other styles of mesh wheels that are 4 lug.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duey782 View Post
    This is what I ended up with.. SN95 5 lug conversion ('95 GT spindles, rotors and calipers). Wheels w/o calipers..

that's with 225/60R16 that were on the wheels. I got 225/50R16's installed and they fit much better, HOWEVER, once I installed the '95 GT calipers the wheel couldn't sit flush on the hub so I would need 3/8" to 1/2" spacers and then the wheels would sit way too far out of the fender. I scrapped the idea because my SN95 brakes were like brand new.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-16-X-7-wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Duey782 View Post

I just bought 2 Mk VII wheels for the front. They will fit with the spacers b/c of the greater backspacing. These Crown Vic's will fit the rear with Fox length axles. They clear the rear calipers and brackets but need the narrower axles to fit under the fenders. The CV's are going to a local wheel shop for widening to 9", media blasting and refinishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by capri650 View Post
    I run LSC wheels on my car with 94 spindles and brakes had to add spacer but still sit in my fender wells and run 225/50/16's with lowered springs these wheels were standard on all LSC lincolns so they are easy to find. I bought mine for $100. the cclear coat was shot and pealing polished the lip and paint centers body color.