Close

Default Zephyr wagon front suspension

On my 79 Zephyr wagon with a small block and A/C, I would like to have a lowered stance along with excellent handling. I am installing an AJE front K-member, Mustang GT rack and spindles.

So, here are my questions:

1) Which front and rear coil springs will give me a lowered (2" all around) stance?
    2) If I decide to go with coil-overs what front spring rate do you recommend?
    3) What brand/source is a good
    low cost
    coil over?
    4) With a lowered stance what type of rack bushing do I need, off-set or standard?

Attachment 120891

SN-95 suspension on stock crossmember. 2.3T (about 100# lighter than the 5.0). -B springs with one coil cut all around.

Mike

4-barrel Mike, I must ask ....love the wheels more info. please brand and size

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop78 View Post
    4-barrel Mike, I must ask ....love the wheels more info. please brand and size
    Lincoln LSC. "Made in Italy" by BBS with a FoMoCo engineering number F0LC-1007-CA [/hijack]

Mike

I have a set of those, not nearly as nice finish wise though.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

I have since partially solved my ride height situation in the front. I've purchased a set of AJE coil overs and KYB adjustable struts.
    Once everything is installed, engine, trans, tires and wheels and I will work on adjusting the height in the front and rear.