Close

Default Harbor Freight Settment Came Today

If you missed out on this I am truly sorry.
    I bought a lot of tools from HF over the years. Most worked pretty good for the price.
    When I bought a metric built car, I needed all new sockets and wrenches. Could not find them cheaper.
    Air compressor, jack, air tools, hand tools, electric tools, lawn ornaments, you name it I bought it.
    For one-time use tools, the price cannot be beat.

Back to the settlement. The lawsuit alleged that Harbor Freight violated the law by advertising merchandise at a “sale” or “comp at” price when the same items had not been sold at the advertised regular or “comp. at” price for at least 28 of the preceding 90 days.

You had 3 options, Option A claimants will receive cash payments equal to 54% of their documented “you saved” amounts or gift card payments equal to 60% of this amount. Option B claimants will receive payments equal to 18% of their documented Harbor Freight purchases. I did not feel like looking up all the receipts and sending that all in, so I chose Option C which just said I had purchased something from HF between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016, and today I was sent a gift card in the amount of $160. I wish I needed something.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

FEP Power Member

That’s interesting. I have bought stuff over the last 3 years and heard nothing.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Agreed. Nothing in my mail box or anything!!

Ive always been waiting for a mentally handicapped person to go to a store where the “saved” all this money and ask to withdrawal it too. Seems like an obvious open and shut case favoring the victim who is denied their savings..... just sayin

Perhaps the word saved needs to be replaced with something more realistic. Avoided spending. Kept. Didn’t spend. Etc

Insane! Decades-long "Going Out of Business" sales. The Appeals Court let Papa John's 4-word 2-lie slogan slide, essentially because it's an advertisement and people know that advertisements aren't necessarily true.

As always, YMMV

Mike

I believe the industry term is 'puffery'. You can say that you have the best pizza in town, but run into trouble if you say specifically that your pizza is better than someone else's.
    1985 GT owned since new