Close

Default Looking for my first car and info about it.

First let me say my actual first car is gone. I saw it on top of a pile of cars in a tow yard years ago. However I want to know what I had and if there are anymore like it around. It was a1980 Mustang hatchback with a 4cyl non turbo, 4 speed manual trans. It had a two tone paint job. It was blue over white and blue interior. I have only been able to find a picture of a coupe painted exactly like it, and a couple with the same paint job but in different colors. Any idea or help with what it was and pics of them would be great. Anyone know of one possibly for sale? Thanks. Dan
    Last edited by Hotrod; 05-13-2018 at 02:45 AM.

Name:  483171D6-E04D-40B4-8791-AFE394600074.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  18.5 KB

This is a coupe with a turbo motor version of my non turbo hatch. You know, the old “same but different” bit. Thanks. Dan
    Last edited by Hotrod; 05-13-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Hey dan, thats a standard 2 tone paint scheme for 80-81, i think the specific pic you posted is an 81. My coupe is a 2 tone. Here are some examples.
    Name:  FB_IMG_1523561123536.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  96.2 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1518196586258.jpg
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  Picture_019.jpeg
Size:  460.8 KB

Thanks Stangman. I didn’t know it was just a standard paInt style. Mine was the only one I’ve ever seen in person. Anyone on this page have a blue one in hatch form or know of one? Keep the pics coming. Thanks. Dan

There was a tu-tone paint option and then there was a special tu-tone paint option. All pictured above are special tu-tone.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    There was a tu-tone paint option and then there was a special tu-tone paint option. All pictured above are special tu-tone.
    So what falls into the tu-tone option? Do you have any pics

Were they a special edition? Or?

No. It was a regular production option (RPO), #952. Looks like it was available starting in the middle of, or late in, the 1980 model year on all coupes or hatchbacks except Cobra. It was not available with lower tu-tone (954), accent stripe (93H), pin stripes (953), vinyl roof (86H), or carriage roof (865A). It was slightly less expensive on Ghia models.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    No. It was a regular production option (RPO), #952. Looks like it was available starting in the middle of, or late in, the 1980 model year on all coupes or hatchbacks except Cobra. It was not available with lower tu-tone (954), accent stripe (93H), pin stripes (953), vinyl roof (86H), or carriage roof (865A). It was slightly less expensive on Ghia models.
    Was this option available on later model Mustang and Capri?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It was available from 1980 through 1984.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder