Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Newer Pedals Not Lining up in Old Chassis

So this is something i didn't expect when I retrofit a newer (1992) set of pedals and brake booster into an older chassis (1980). The brake pedal has an issue. The rod for the brake booster doesn't align with the brake pedal correctly. There is a peg that comes out of the brake pedal that the end of the brake booster rod slides over. My peg is about an inch lower than the booster rod. I sold the original set of pedals from the car, I'll have to modify the peg in the brake pedal to align with the booster I guess. I am curious how it will affect the feel of the pedal since I will be moving the leverage point a little bit.

Inquiring minds want to know...
    Last edited by Basin Motorsports; 05-15-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

FEP Senior Member

The brake boosters have different rods through the years. Some are straight and some are hooked down. Sounds like you need a hooked one.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dynodon64 View Post
    The brake boosters have different rods through the years. Some are straight and some are hooked down. Sounds like you need a hooked one.
    I think I figured it out. I originally took the pedals apart to paint them a while back. I believe I just used the wrong hole for the brake pedal when I reassembled it. There are two holes spaced in the housing, and I used the lower. I believe I should have used the upper. Simple fix, just a mistake on my part.