Close

Default Broncojunkie regaining his identity

A good friend called me the other day and offered me his 91 Bronco Silver Anniversary Edition. He needed it gone and he knows I'm a fan of them, so I sent the wife and boy to go pick it up for me (I'm working out of state).

Needs some typical work and a new set of tires, but runs good and is pretty straight. I really need to consider getting rid of a couple cars, though. My neighbors think I've lost my gourd.
    Name:  received_10215792917312222-1612x1209.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  204.8 KB
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 05-09-2018 at 05:21 PM.

That's cool! I've always wanted a full size Bronco. I imagine those were a limited run?

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

3,000 from what I read. They were all the same color...red exterior and two-tone grey/red interior (grey seats, red carpet and accents).

All of the full size Broncos I've owned have been red except for one blue one. I don't think these special editions will ever be worth much. I'm more of a purist when it comes to mustangs. So I believe I'm going to paint this one a different color. A gunmetal grey or maybe even pewter to mach the pace car. For now, the plan is to fix her up and use it for hauling the cars to the track at some point.

Blog Entries

I'd love to have that. All pretty rusted out up here.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Usually rusted here in WV too. This one needs wheel arches and tailgate. I seem to recall the frame was good (he said it was and I helped him do some brake work to it last year). I believe even the leaf spring hangers were solid. The tailgate is $214 shipped and wheel arch panels about $22. I can paint it myself and figure out something with the front leather seats, which are in rough shape. Going to put smaller tires on it (33's) and I'm fairly certain some front end work is in order.

Mineral Grey is a great color, just sayin' It is actually really close to pewter.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

That would look pretty sweet to have the Bronco painted like the Pace car. Then see it towing the Pace car as well.
    Might as well paint the trailer to match too! LOL

To be honest, I doubt the pace car will see much track use anyway. If it did, I would definitely paint it to match!

I like the mineral grey a lot! That may just be the one!

Sweet....