Close

Default 1984.5 GT 5.0 T-Top Hatch

1984 GT 5 speed. It APPEARS to be a 84.5 as it has the fog light front end and 1 piece rear spoiler. T tops. AC, tilt, PW, PL, no cruise. Grey sport seats appear original to the car but recovered. Not sure of original radio. At this time it does not have louvers or lower body side abrasion. It IS two tone at this time but unsure if original.

[/url]

those are svo seats and steering wheel. air cleaner is off of a 83 or early 84. 841/2 had all silver lid with black letters. car has been painted because shock tower washers and rubber is red should be natural. and looks like a rigged up coil wire sticking up on the distributor. and ac compressor is not right for the car the lines are running wrong.

Not SVO seats or steering wheel. Agree on the air cleaner lid (but would absolutely NEVER bet no '84 1/2 cars left the plant with that one. They didn't just dump them all in the trash one day and start installing the other one. They used up at least some stock that was already in the line) You are 100% correct about the paint. But since we are here, the door panels are also wrong as is the shifter, the radio block off plate is way wrong, the console lid is clearly a reproduction black one that has been painted the wrong color grey, Battery hold down should not be a wing nut, The fuel line and carb are wrong and it has a clear fuel filter in it that it shouldn't and the belt tensioner has been painted black as has the AC bracket and it clearly has 16 inch LMR TRX reproduction wheels. I just posted it here so Mick could add it to his DB and decode thet VIN if he didn't already have it in there, which it turned out he did. But I try to help him when I can It's the production number and decoding forum. He needs to know what options it has and it's easier for me to post pictures than try to remember what it had or write it down.
    Last edited by homer302; 07-07-2018 at 08:09 PM.

This is what I had in the database..

Vehicle ID Number Body ID Engine CUN Date Paint DSO Body VR Mldg Trim A/C Radio Roof Axle Trans Springs Mileage Model Notes
    1FABP28M5EF237312 28 M 237312 08/84 2E 1C 61B - - PA G4 D 2 316,466 GT ebay (04/12 Jasper, GA 255,xxx mi) > craigslist (07/17 Lansing, NC asking $11,995 316466 mi); CD player, A/C, defrost, PL, PW, premium sound, tilt, TRX
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks homer302
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I believe you also keep track of when cars sell and for how much. This car is for sale on eBay. Unsure if it's the same owner but it IS the exact same city where I saw it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Mustan...9:pf:0&vxp=mtr

"Before you ask, the odometer is showing 20k miles. As clean as this car is, it very well could be original. Unfortunately, it's a 5-digit odometer and we are unsure if it is actual or not. Whether it's 20k or 120k..."

Or maybe 320,000...
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

I seen this car at Foxtoberfest, at best a $5000 car.