Close

Default surprising amount of offers

So I took my 92 out to a car show today and granted there were several thousand people there but the fact is that I got alot of questions concerning me wanting to sell my car. I am guessing the foxbody cars are becoming more popular and thus more valuable. I know I used to get alot of questions when I had my pace car but it kind of stood out from all the others. Anybody else seeing this trend or is it just me?

I had someone come up to me at Home Depot not too long ago. We got to talking and he ended up making an offer that was almost too good to refuse.

I hear ya. One guy offered me a decent amount and truth be told its hard not to call him and sell the car. But what then? I'm just going to buy another one and do it all over again.

Went to my buddies today to help him with his 64.5. After we were done with the 64.5 we switch to his 89 GT to swap out the drivers outside door handle that broke a while ago. He was telling me he has had like 2 different people leave notes on the car in the last month asking if he wants to sell it. And then his brother in law offered to buy it last month as well. It’s a good thing I get first dibs if he ends up wanting to get rid of it

My wife and I get asked every once in a while if the Saleen is for sale. We politely say sorry it’s not for sale. So far nobody has offered a dollar amount.
    Last edited by Tigger; 05-06-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

Im either not in the right place at the right time or my cars arent nice enough. Nobody ever asks me that. I wouldn't sell them anyway

It looks like the day for Fox-bodies to become sought after cars by the general population has finally arrived. I am saddened to find that the aeros seem to be in more demand than the four eyes, but all appear to be edging up in price, since all are over 25 years old now.
    I get comments about all three of our foxes now, just about anytime we are driving one of them around Az.
    A few years ago I could drive all over and no one commented on the Turbo Coupe, anymore people are giving us thumbs up and we ger comments frequently when we go out in it.
    I even had a fellow tell me a few weeks ago that he has always wanted a Foxbody Mustang, but until now could never afford one ?
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

I doubt anyone could make me an offer that would be enough to get me to sell mine. For what I've put into it and would have to get back to sell it, they could go buy a fleet of foxes.

I get comments whenever I'm driving around in the Fairmont or the LTD, at the gas station, etc. Lots of thumbs up, "we had a car like that when I was a kid". Sometimes I get the "would you consider selling?" (no)

FOAC show in Mooresville?

And the people that ask if something is for sale are not the people who would actually buy it and are just blowing smoke. The people who would actually buy it already know everything is for sale and would simply say would you take $10,000 for it?

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    FOAC show in Mooresville?

And the people that ask if something is for sale are not the people who would actually buy it and are just blowing smoke. The people who would actually buy it already know everything is for sale and would simply say would you take $10,000 for it?
    What he said ^

I did have a guy one time ask me about my 66 coupe. The one thats my avatar. He said his wife wanted a Mustang with a four speed. I told him he didnt have enough money.
    Ive had the car since I was seventeen. I'm 47 now. If it came down to it I could stand to sell all my other cars but not that one.

My 85 notch gets a lot of attention when I have it out and about (as does my 88 vert). I get asked if I want to sell and of course I say no. Most mention those notch's make great drag strip cars. One of the reasons I bought in the first place is so that does not happen.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boogiestang View Post
    So I took my 92 out to a car show today and granted there were several thousand people there but the fact is that I got alot of questions concerning me wanting to sell my car. I am guessing the foxbody cars are becoming more popular and thus more valuable. I know I used to get alot of questions when I had my pace car but it kind of stood out from all the others. Anybody else seeing this trend or is it just me?
    Its inevitable. This always happens the first few days I own a car; "Cool car! Do you want to sell it?" "Is this for sale?" The first 3-4 days this always happens, its the time you have ZERO interest in selling your car, but they always ask.

I was at the strawberry festival in Fort Mill sc. Huge crowd of people. Cool car show. Had a good time meeting people and answering questions about the car.

Lol, the only way I'd sell my 20th is if I could do a SERIOUS down on a house.....MAYBE
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

I know it's not really the same since it was a Mustang event....but, it happened to me last year at Foxtoberfest with my '92 Calypso. I guess the difference in my story is I came home with a wad of cash and an empty trailer
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I get tons of interest every time I take my RS out, I guess there isn't a lot of Capri's out there, especially the 84 tri-color and my car is in really good shape for it's age. I'm sure the fact that it has a very aggressive stance and a lot of mods doesn't hurt either. The truth being told, I have a shameful amount of money wrapped up in my Car. IE: I could own a really nice newer Z06 Corvette or 911 Porsche for what I have into my RS. I have no plans to sell my car seeing as my father gave it to me and it has a great deal of sentimental value.

What it boils down to is it would have to be a HUGE amount of money for me to ever consider selling my car which is most likely never going to happen.

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

I pulled into a car show and had been sitting awhile when the fellow across the parking lot came over and asked the usual questions. He asked if I was interested in selling and I said no, I still had plans for the car. His idea was to buy it, pull it apart, tub it, put all the usual big stuff in and race it. I said there are plenty of bodies sitting in junk yards waiting for that. Every Fox that gets cut up makes our survivors more valuable!
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

I don't get the question often. But I did yesterday. I was getting gas and a guy pulled in specifically because he saw the car. Turns out he has a 79 he is restomodding.

Over the years I have gotten the question, sometimes from a 20 year old who proceeds to pronounce that they would yank that six cylinder and make a real car out of it. Such inquiries get the evil eye real fast.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

On nice days I drive my 1983 GT to my part time job at local hardware store. At least once every few days someone comes in and asks if it is for sale, when I tell them what I would have to ask for it they always say ok I will think about it. Most people think they can buy it for a few thousand dollars. But I have noticed a increase in interest over the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    For what I've put into it and would have to get back to sell it, they could go buy a fleet of foxes.
    Boy do I understand that comment!

Nobody ever asks if I want to sell my car because it's just not that nice, but the amount of money I poured into it back when I was racing is staggering in retrospect. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get 20% of what I have in it back so I guess I'll be keeping it forever.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.