Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I intended to put 275/50's on ten holes out back, and the 235/60's for the front. set it all up online, paid in advanced, and brought in just the four tires. They guys eyes just about popped out of his skull while he was verifying the sizes. They didn't have the 275\50's I ordered, that's how I ended up with 275\60's on the car.

They basically flat out refused to throw them on the rims, saying my 10 holes were a bit too narrow (which I agreed with) and that they wouldn't fit on any car with 4 lugs.

I eventually ended up pulling the car in so they could "test fit" them to show me they couldn't even fit in the wheel we'll.

A few minutes later, I saw them all in their scratching their heads as they set it down and tried to bounce it to find a place it was rubbing. They eventually had 4 tire guys bouncing thw rear of the car while the lead tech guy was underneath with a flashlight.

They came back in to tell me the tires technically fit, but the car wouldn't handle or drive right if I used them.

I told em fine, ill swap em out on the parking lot then you have nothing to worry about.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

275/50/15s fit great, and even packing the front tires, never rubbed

Name:  88k.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  107.9 KB
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Finally pulled the trigger on a set of Cooper CS5 225/60/15. Mounted on Riken meshies. Kind of a tight fit with the Eibach/FMS 'F' lowering springs. I can fit my fingers between the fender lip and the tires though.
    Name:  P1320529.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  120.2 KB
    Name:  P1320530.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  95.4 KB

Those 275/50’s look great! A 9” rim is probably the way to go but there are service that widen rims if a 10 hole sleeper look is required. Would be AWESOME btw!

New User

sorry to be inserting myself into the conversation but have you looked into the Mickey Thompson Sportsman radials ? Admittedly the tread pattern is a bit funky bit at 26 inches tall and comes in widths of 8,10&12 inches. Fairly sticky as well.

Can’t go wrong with M/T if short term bite is the goal.

They never last long but neither will a straight foxbody without connectors running them. (Twisted... mileage varies) Lol

Back when they made them still the Firestone Indy 500’s in 235/60/15 did the best of anything I had ever tried. ViperTRs were a favorite before that time then I found the Firestone Indy’s. Killed 2 input shafts on T5’s with them.... lol.

Can’t go wrong with M/T if short term bite is the goal.

They never last long but neither will a straight foxbody without connectors running them. (Twisted... mileage varies) Lol

Back when they made them still the Firestone Indy 500’s in 235/60/15 did the best of anything I had ever tried. ViperTRs were a favorite before that time then I found the Firestone Indy’s. Killed 2 input shafts on T5’s with them.... lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12