Close

Default 1979 Mustang Ghia notch 5.0/4-speed - $4,700 in Detroit MI

Nice, original, unrestored, unmolested and '79 Ghia notchback with 96,000 miles and an original 5.0/4-speed drivetrain with a 3.45 rear axle and factory AC. It starts, runs, shifts and stops well, but the power steering pump probably needs to be replaced or inspected. Seems to leak and then the power assist goes away. But it still drives down the road well. It's 99.5-percert rust free and it's very straight, but to be honest the photos make the paint look nicer than it does up close. There's some of that natural fading on the front and rear fascia and some paint burned through here and there. There is no rust around the edges of the sunroof in the roof metal, but the frame of the sunroof itself has some pitting. There are also a couple of dings on the hood and a small crease on the passenger door, just behind the front edge. Some of the trim is faded, too. But it all appears original. The interior is original, but the funky original Ghia carpet is faded in the middle. The temp gauge needle doesn't move. The original radio is still there. The dash pad is perfect. The owner manual and other literature are still in the glovebox and the trunk has the sunroof storage bag and huge plastic sunroof shade/insert (only included in 1979?). It has 200-series TRX tires and they will need to be replaced. They're not exactly great at holding air for very long. For another $150, I'll throw on a set of those 1982-84 GT non-TRX wheels that have really good tires. I'm in the Detroit area and I'd like $4700 for the car. I can send more photos if you're interested and the best way to reach me is at barryk@hotmail.com or call/text 248-302-2608. Thanks for looking.Name:  IMG_1186.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  99.9 KBName:  IMG_1117.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  72.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Car looks good. Seems like it would be a straightforward restoration. Good luck with sale.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars