Hey, I've been luring around for years and finally found my dream 4 eye last fall. I've spent the winter freshening up the suspension and next on my list was the audio system. I've been reading the posts on this forum over the past few weeks looking for answers. I'd prefer to not modify the interior, and I'm not an audiophile, I do like good sound. I was looking at options to use the current speaker locations or even clever hidden options, if you have any suggestions, please pass them along. My further frustration is that the car didn't come with a radio so I went shopping for a period correct aftermarket unit. I was happy to find a Kenwood dual shaft, KRC-2005. When I tried to trial fit the head unit, I noticed that the shaft recesses (holes in the dash) are in fact staggered and if I set the adjustment nuts to level it out, I can't install the knobs and the face is recessed inside the dash. Should I look for a different head unit? Has anyone else encountered this and if so how did you remedy it. Thanks in advance..

Tim

Name:  IMG_6850.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  120.3 KB