Close

Default 1986 Mercury Capri ASC Mclaren Eurocoupe - $8995 (Watertown)

24 Pictures!

Attachment 120473

Attachment 120474

Attachment 120475

1986 Mercury Capri ASC Mclaren
    VIN: 1MEBP79M3GF613772
    condition: excellent
    cylinders: 8 cylinders
    drive: rwd
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 85787
    paint color: grey
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    type: hatchback

All factory options still in place, All ASC specific items intact. This is a very rare (1 of 11) and most original ASCs I have ever seen. From the stock mufflers from 86 to the air intake silencer. Nothing has been added to this car besides the 10 hole wheels which were they previous owners preference. The original orange mesh wheels are included with the purchase but could stand to be refinished. The car was repainted in 2002 in a non factory color but it actually is a better looking color. The car has 85K on it and I have the carfax to prove its lineage. Also included are sales brochures, all maintenance records, ASC specific paperwork and a brief synopsis of this cars life. The interior is in great shape other than the carpet which might be able to be cleaned. Everything works as it should, there are no issues. I drove this car home 310 miles on only 1 tank of gas. The oil was just changed as was the clutch cable. Its ready for registration and the summer. Come take a look and lets make a deal. Located in Watertown CT. Thanks
    https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...570680903.html

Mike

Oh WOW!!!!!!
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Sure wish I had $9K layin' around! Love the color combo!

Thanks for sharing that one Mike.
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

So let's keep a car 100% stock down to the air silencer and 30 year old mufflers and then one day just say what the heck? Let's just paint it a totally different color than stock.
    Last edited by homer302; 04-28-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Yeah, but in 2002 did anyone care?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Yeah, but in 2002 did anyone care?

Mike
    EXACTLY my point. Nobody did. So that means you can't go back in time and pretend this is a time capsule. It is far from it.

Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    EXACTLY my point. Nobody did. So that means you can't go back in time and pretend this is a time capsule. It is far from it.
    It may not be as much of a time capsule as this one but its also a fraction of the price.... and someone actually drove and enjoyed it without modifying it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323221460547?ul_noapp=true
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFords&FFR's View Post
    It may not be as much of a time capsule as this one but its also a fraction of the price.... and someone actually drove and enjoyed it without modifying it.

That was owned by Sandy Block - very famous in the McLaren world.

Mike

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFords&FFR's View Post

Yep, 600 MILES! Sandy kept the car in perfect shape. He was the go to guy for all ASC McLaren info. Everytime I would visit ASC in MI. I would send Sandy pics and send him info that I would get from the guys there.

So what was the original car color of the car on CL?
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 04-29-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Yep, 600 MILES! Sandy kept the car in perfect shape. He was the go to guy for all ASC McLaren info. Everytime I would visit ASC in MI. I would send Sandy pics and send him info that I would get from the guys there.

So what was the original car color of the car on CL?
    Smoke Charcoal Grey Metallic / Original owner was from the Watkins Glen, New York area
    `82 Mercury Capri 5.0 4.speed / not RS
    `86 Mercury Capri

Does this mean this could be the second one built?

The Following Are The VINs Of Twenty~One ascMcLaren EuroCoupes:-
    613771 - Black
    613772 - Grey
    613875 - White
    614404 - Black
    614622 -Black
    End of Pre Production "Prototypes" / Press Promotion Units
    Beginning of Regular Production
    618885 - White
    618886 -Black
    618887 - White
    618888 - Grey
    618889 - Black
    618890 - Black
    618891 - White
    618892 - White
    618893 - White
    618894 - Black
    618895 - Grey
    618896 - White
    618897 - White
    618899 - White
    619524 - Grey
    619525 - Black
    VIN 619898 (Missing from above, became a 2-Seat Roadster
    1971 Grabber Lime Mach 1 (bought 12/24/71)
    1985 GT (time to move it need the room)
    1985 Detroit GP PC Silver T-Top
    1996 Mystic Cobra
    1998.5 Contour SVT

Whew, I would own that in a second!!!! I like it, price seems fair, condition fair, for a rare car that has been used, it would be a great driver with some cleanup.

Why are they always located on the wrong side of the country?

Back on eBay starting at $8500.

You are looking at a 1986 ASC Mclaren Eurocoupe Capri. This was the second Eurocoupe produced and has some options that did not come on later production Eurocoupes. This car has been preserved since 86 with all of its original parts including the leather wrapped shift knob, Whistler Radar Detector, Hella Fog lights, ASC branded horn pad, plexiglass quarter window covers, headlight and taillight covers and more. This Capri was never driven in winter and it was undercoated when new. I have all the maintenance records from oil changes to tire changes. I have all the documentation from ASC from when this car was manufactured. This car is original down to the factory mufflers and air intake silencer. It has never been modified from its original form. It did receive a complete paint job back in 2002 although not the original color it was a darker charcoal color that they chose and it is still in very nice condition having always been stored inside. I have the 4 original wheels which had been used up until November of 2016 when the previous owner switched to the ten hole wheels. All the original wheels are in decent condition but could stand to be refinished to look their best. Everything works on this car, there are a few flaws here and there but you wont be disappointed by anything. Underhood looks dusty but that is the undercoating, it could be removed to clean things up but its there to protect the body from rust so thats why I left it. If you would like to do a little research on this car you can go to ascmclaren.org and poke around on the forums. You can see this VIN number listed as well as the premise behind the Eurocoupes and their list of options. Feel free to ask any questions, I will do my best to answer them comprehensively. Thanks for looking.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Mercur...kAAOSwSbxbME5W

Mike

So for us rookies, the McLaren package did not improve the performance of the Capri, it was just the add on items as listed in the ebay ad and pictures?

Trying to figure out how they can call it original if it doesn't have the factory color paint? One would think that would be one of the most important things to keep stock if you were going to call a car factory original?

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Price is not bad, but as already pointed out there is no reason for this seller to put these three sentences together....they are just contradictive:

This car is original down to the factory mufflers and air intake silencer. It has never been modified from its original form. It did receive a complete paint job back in 2002 although not the original color it was a darker charcoal color that they chose and it is still in very nice condition having always been stored inside.

The paint job is pretty much all that keeps this from being a $15k or higher car.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey