Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post
There are still some decent cars out there, they're just not going to be American makes. My new company car is a Subaru Legacy, the thing looks decent, is very comfortable, handles well, runs great, has a functional rear seat situation and a big trunk. It's loaded with electronics like dynamic cruise control that adjusts to traffic in front, automatic braking, lane assistance, etc. The backup camera is one of the best I've seen. It's made in the USA and comes loaded with pretty much everything but leather seats and a moonroof for well under $30k.

The main point of the story isn't that Ford isn't making cars anymore, just that they're not making and selling them in the US. They'll still make cars as Europe and most of Asia aren't interested in huge lumbering truck-cars and need efficiency as fuel is $6/gallon over there. It's just that when the pendulum swings back on gas prices, and it will, all of those cars will be produced overseas and imported to the US instead of made here.
Buying a foreign car is not an acceptable solution. But it's certainly what all the people that buy Ford cars now that aren't brand loyal are going to do! But apparently Hackett would say, if they're not truck buyers, WE DON'T WANT 'EM!! Those 210,000 people that bought Fusions last year and might want another one in the future can go #$%& themselves!

And yes, I am very jealous of the recent Cadillac sedans. Maybe Ford could have Lincoln be Sedan HQ if they don't want to sell Ford sedans. They can charge a little more for them, making them more profitable... But will they? You know they won't. They've messed that all up with the Continental. I have to say though, I would't mind having one of those 400hp MKZs... When the lease is up on the T-Connect, I'm going to take a hard look at what's out there used. Maybe we'll find an MKZ or Focus ST that fits the bill. I am HIGHLY motivated not to give Ford the satisfaction of leasing another new car if they're not going to offer me any sedans. As for our Fusion, it's the last of it's kind (manual), so we're pretty much keeping it. It's a dang nice car, and we like it.