Close

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Ford planning to combine all the good leftovers to offer the only small meal on the menu?
    Finally, a four door Mustang- with 33's.
    Looks like its panting with the tongue in grill mouth.
    Mustang front. A new trademark, like Jeep seven slot grill?
    Read that Ford trademarked the Jeep nine slot grill.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Don't worry, we're headed for a technological dark age anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uihwQRmBOvg

Same ole' doomsday babble! We are running out of everything. Global Climate Change! Humans are Bad! We Might, We Could, Blah, Blah, Blah!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    GM to close one, FCA to open another couple miles away:
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...uv/2230555002/
    Hahahaha! I'll bet GM is really rolling their eyes at that one. Well played. Maybe Ford will get in on the GM-trolling action soon too.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...ng-europe.aspx

I like how they mention killing the Fiesta and Focus in Europe. Can you say market suicide?! Wouldn't be the first asinine thing they've done recently though.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Default High tech, to do low or no tech work

Products made for shareholders and profit, not customers. Cash is king.
    The cash flow has shifted from customer advantage to company. Flip those cars.
    Constant major product changes cause the cost to rise too quickly compared to the past and other everyday items.
    Yet most cars look the same for past 10+ years. Product hit the wall too soon?
    Have to shrink. The big 3 try to manufacture too many complicated products for their company size.
    So divert freed up car mfg cash for Mars landing attempt, the complex auto driving projects. A priority for some reason.
    Using up their gouged profits along with banking on those future products will sell like hotcakes.

Starting in Henry Ford Model T days, automation allowed his product price to fall. Fine.
    Others caught on and passed on production savings to customer in attempt to keep costs down.
    Then he had to raise hourly wages a lot to keep workers on speeded up assy lines. Do not shut line down.
    No more. Opposite since the 90's. Anything goes, cost no object to auto companies. Line can shut down.

They should have seen it coming when window sticker ran out of room. Or did they even care? We do.
    Cheap, simple is not ok? Lots of people don't care about 'image' anymore and are fine with that.
    Times change. A car is no longer a common way to express such a thing. Phones can do that.
    More income is now diverted to cost spikes for everything else more than ever.

-Trucks all dressed up like a carpenter wearing a suit. No casual or painted bumper config anymore.
    New product fine for those who need, desire, forced into new reliable clean or are convinced to do so.
    Why did fox mustang, for one, sell for so long and not resemble the Mustang stereotype? The name helped.
    VW beetle subtle changes worked. What it was known for. Selling point. Like a Model T. Sold well, fair profit.
    Both examples of long production runs, sustained mainly by product improvement, face lifts, and interchangeability.

Bet 2019 Chevy truck bumpers cost a pretty penny and do not interchange with many years if any.
    The side hood/front fender lines have a hint of 1960's Ford truck. Ford offers F-150 with bow-tie like grill.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...ng-europe.aspx

I like how they mention killing the Fiesta and Focus in Europe. Can you say market suicide?! Wouldn't be the first asinine thing they've done recently though.
    Article doesn't say that. I really can't get behind any of the arguments here that contradict the facts and trends within the industry. You like cars, I get it. Ford would like to stay in business. Change or die. It's that simple.

The article doesn't say they ARE doing it, no, but it mentions the possibility. I couldn't have conceived they would even consider dumping their most popular products in those markets. How would they even get people into the dealerships to steer them into more profitable products, if they don't even offer the cars people WANT?! They've already said they ARE going to do it here with the Fusion. It still sells well, but "oops, we know you want one, but we don't make a profit on it, so too bad... ". Of COURSE the Fusion is currently on a downward trend, it's been due for an actual refresh for a couple of years now. Competitors have moved on.

No, this is them trying to tell ME what I want. No one responds well to that.

Ever heard the saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket" ?

I want them to survive as much as the next guy, but this is the wrong way to go about it.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Like it or not, you are in the minority. People are voting with their wallets and cars are on the decline. Couple that with the fact that cars, especially non-premium cars, have little to no profit margin; the question of "should we play in this segment" becomes a valid one. If cars are hot and you don't want to lose that customer base, great, take your beating profitwise and alter your business model to incorporate this. But...cars are lukewarm and getting colder. Until (if) they get hotter, it's a no brainer. Ford did a great job moving to global platforms. Cars suddenly get hot again? It's difficult but not impossible to make that pivot.

Bullsh**. Look at 2008. They had "global platforms" then too, but it still took them until 2012-2013 to recover from that. They had to mortgage pretty much everything to make it happen. Could they do that again? I'll wager not!

The funny thing is, this wouldn't even be a question if the CAFE all-fleet MPG average was still a thing car companies needed to worry about. I don't know why it's not anymore, but the manufacturers seem to have found a way to weasel out of it.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Nevertheless, interesting topic for sure. We'll have to agree that your car is bad*ss.

Default Detroit Flying Cars WD-1 flying car crashes

Is Willow Run Airport, in Ypsilanti MI, the automaker's 'Area US-12 I-94'?
    Skunk Works® type projects by automakers? One company based in Dearborn?
    https://detroitflyingcars.com/about-us/

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ow-run-airport

https://www.mlive.com/business/ann-a..._new_life.html
    Last edited by gr79; 12-14-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Sweet. We'll never truly be able to say "the future is here" until flying cars are commonplace, dammit. I don't care how many things your phone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jlehma13 View Post
    Nevertheless, interesting topic for sure. We'll have to agree that your car is bad*ss.
    Thank you! I appreciate it.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

"-how many things your phone can do. "
    Am ready. Got the Jetson's doorbell as a ringtone choice on mine.

Default 2019 100K Lincoln

Try, try again. One last time?
    "1961 Lincoln Continental introduced America to a new design that transformed a failing luxury brand..."

Built in Flat Rock Mustang plant. 2019 limited to 80 units. Cut and pasted off site.
    "A limited number of additional Continental Coach Door Edition sedans will be available for the 2020 model year."

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...on/2311731002/

I'm really surprised they gave a sedan, let alone a LINCOLN sedan any thought whatsoever. Seems to me, they can't wait to be rid of either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Will these be new products in the idled car plants? Not clear why auto companies would use their resources for these.
    Are car group employees coming up with new product for job security?
    How about true affordable factory made homes for low income people that cost less than their cars do?
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/365535/fo...lling-doghouse
    https://www.adweek.com/creativity/fo...lly-drift-off/

Self driving cars will not smell new?
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/365075/fo...-new-car-smell
    Last edited by gr79; 12-24-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Hey Ford! This ain't your ugly American 4-door s***box!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=902-IBKO92A

Mike

reading everyones comments here really saddens me about ford. I looked up the new ranger on the ford site and it base prices at the same price as the basic f-150. A direct injection 2.3L ecoboost. I'm kind of disgusted. I bet it will never get to 412,000kms like my 2004 ranger with the indestructible Vulcan motor.

No reason why a new Ranger should not get 420 KM's like your old one and will look better at the same age as the plastic composites and other materials are BETTER than what's in your OLD 2004 Ranger.

The high prices make it EASY to add rebates and whatever else is needed to "Move The Iron". The big 3 are stuck in the Rebate and 0% financing deals as that's what customer's now expect and they aim to please.

NOBODY pays sticker price for Ford, Gm or Chrysler!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Default new year same old same'o

New 2019 report: Since 2013 auto thefts are up.
    Serious money out there, not anchored down like a house is.
    Having millions of $30,000-$80,000.00 items parked out in the open everyday.
    Rolling goldmines, unguarded bank vaults. Feeding time, if only for parts value alone.
    Did carjacking exist back in the last century? Stolen to commit more crimes.
    All look the same, blend right in. Tough pickup trucks for smash and grabs.
    All redesigned structurally to minimize accident injuries. Ok. Accidents? same or worse.
    Big payouts from insurance companies.

2019 Mustang Shelby easily topped 2000 Cobra R MSRP of 55,000.00.
    2019 Mustang 27,000.00 to 69,500.00 (7 styles).
    2019 F-150 start 28,000.00 to 72,000.00 (Cadillac Escalade country).
    2019 Ranger 25,000.00 to 37,000.00.

2020 Explorer:
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...al/2515008002/

Maybe they like carjacking because it circumvents anti-theft systems like PATS. Don't have to deal with it if the car's already running. Nature finds a way... I mean, I know how a car's ignition system works, but i can't imagine how thieves that DO steal parked cars get around that stuff. Probably have to be pretty sophisticated.

I would never consider a new Explorer. The price is obscene. It kind of always has been. I don't know how they sell so damn many of them. It's so bad, I've kind of forgotten about it. When people ask me about crossovers I'd recommend (I humor them), I usually don't even mention it. I don't feel that it's an option for most people I know because of the price.

The Fiesta ST is sweet. I really hope we get them here again. I hope the price of gas skyrockets soon and Jim Hackett has to eat a bigass plate of crow. I can't wait.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Default Fire pits with s'mores (free?) for us

Can't cook the crow in the fire pits just yet.
    FWHQ is only 7 miles down the road. Smell the bird cooking?
    Fuel is under 2.00/gal almost everywhere here except the usual affluent areas, airport rental lots.

Another interesting article with some more insight into FMC future plans:

https://www.wxyz.com/autoshow/ford-h...-for-auto-show
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...al/2535541002/
    https://www.mcsfest.com/

If all goes well and weather permitting, going to check it out after an annual Jan. field trip to HF museum in Dearborn.

At the same time is annual Detroit Auto Show. If cars are going away, will this show go too? Detroit SUV Truck Show?
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ow/2527158002/
    Last edited by gr79; 01-10-2019 at 11:51 PM.
    past owned daily driven many memorable times with all
    1967 Mustang 'verti Sports Sprint 289 Holley 4vC4 2.79 lime gold blk vinyl (6/70-4/73) 100k
    1970 VW 113 Beetle modded 1650 5200 2v 4sp Hurst 4.13 grn blk leathette (1973-1977) 200k
    1975 VW 1303 S Beetle LaGrande 1600 EFI 4sp Hurst 3.88 lime grn tan cloth (1977-1980) 90k
    1985 LTD LX 5.0 CFI HO AOD 3.27 gray gray (1987-1990) 75k
    1986 Ranger XL 2wd 7' bed 114 wb 2.3 EFI 5 sp 3.45 gray burgundy cloth (1990-1994) 180k
    current owned now weekly driven totally enjoyed
    1979 Mustang Cobra 61R 2.3T Holley 2305 2v '92 T5 Hurst 3.45 black orange decals (7/80- )
    1993 Ranger XLT R103 2wd 7' bed 114 wb 2.3 EFI 5sp Hurst 3.45 calypso green gray (3/94- )

well I have to make another comment here, I cannot see how Ford can survive the future with out cars here. Seeing the designs and looks of what they are offering here are just UGLY! Sorry Ford but its true, with the new designed small cars already on sale around the world now and they cant bring them here.... really? When even the Koreans and the Japanese have better looking SUV's and dare I say Chebbie has better looking Cars now. I will go back to another rant, "what happens when the price of crude go's up and up"? people want small efficient cars! not these ugly gas hogs....... Make only the Mustang? while they are the #1 selling sports car around the world, how long will that last? depend only on trucks and SUV's wow!
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Default If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/busin...gen/index.html

An alliance similar to past like Mazda?
    Ford defiantly could use lessons in MSRP cost discipline and practical design from Volkswagon.
    Pleasant clean designs. Car wash won't tear it up. Station Wagon is nice. Still have inside roof handles. Orange Jetta?
    Good old Leatherette. Interiors look bright and spacy without that dark tint window glass blind spot stuff to hide behind.
    VW sells sell well. Hope Ford is not allowed to ugly them up.

2020 Mustang Shelby
    Rotary shift selector, Toyota Camry grill big enough to park a shopping cart in. NASCAR COT style rear spoiler.
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rd/2536915002/

Vee-dub is okay. I really hate their stranglehold on the car magazines' "opinions" though (along with Honda, Mazda, and BMW). When the Focus ST came out, it was good enough they had little choice but to hand it the hot hatch crown. For about 5 minutes until the next gen GTI came out.

If Ford gets some cars it can sell in the US out of the deal, I guess that's something.

I hate crossover styling in general, but I tend to believe Ford's is better than most. Hyundai, Kia and Nissan are HORRIBLE. When the current gen Escape came out, I thought it was cool it followed the design language already set by Ford's CARS, but the over-all effect isn't that attractive. The Edge is probably the best looking in its class. I've never liked the Explorer's look since going unibody. And the new model looks pretty much the same. They did a body with those proportions much better with the Freestyle/Taurus X. That new Mini-Bronco is ugly too. Stupid that they showed us that before the actual Bronco.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast