Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

heres the reason a new ranger wont be as reliable - direct injection

1985 ascMcLaren 5.0 SC Roadster
    My '78 Fairmont build - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...539-78-Big-Red

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    It's amusing what they said about replacing the sedan products at their price points. I'll believe that when I see it. And how do they expect to make them appealing in the same way the sedan products were? Fuel mileage, performance, attractive design... THEY CAN'T if they expect to replace them with some lame crossover variation stripped down to fit the price point.

The question at the end about stale products made me laugh too. That's the way Ford has ALWAYS operated. They put their best foot forward, come out with a boatload of great stuff, and they're relevant for a few years. Then they leave them all around for WAY too long, and then they need another "turnaround".

This article amused me too.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-ceo-has-ha...e-2-1832029573

HACKett has no one to blame for the stock price tanking but himself. Nothing says "we're doin' great!" like a RETREAT, you dumbass. In the end though, it could all just be posturing for that all-important growth next year. "look, we grew!".
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI T-5 (Mustang LWB)
    '17 Ford Transit Connect Titanium LWB
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Oh, and on a happier note, it was nice to see that all of the suicide door Continentals sold out. They are planning on doing one again for 2020.
    Brad

Default be gone already

So cars are disappearing. Now to make trucks 'disappear' so they can be passed?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sams...w=1152&bih=715

highway hypnosis, microsleeps, flicker vertigo, refresh rates on electric screens, motion sickness.
    Flashing lights, used to draw attention, also make you sick, dizzy, drowsy?
    The 'Moth Effect Theory'. Emergency lights attract attention of drivers who strangely steer toward them, piling into the vehicles. Driver was prob getting along fine until encountering the scene.
    Those super bright, road blinding, flashing lights at night confusingly both attract and distract drivers, even straight ones.

Companies can't bring themselves to believe many older, cheaper, simpler designed products were fine and did the job.
    Guess they lasted too long. So people got bored with them? They get over it. Vintage chrome toasters still exist.
    Instead mfg and govt design cars so hard to drive, unstable, like jet fighters they cant move without computers.
    Now need lane avoidance to stay in lane? One tech chasing the other.
    While the driver is trying to control the car with 'fake' feedback clues. Electric steering, throttle by wire, antilock.

So mfgs give up on cars; too complex no profit? Then focus on self driving cars, impossibly complex.
    What's next- self driving bicycles? Simple item, came before the car. Nope too hard. Do a car.
    Last edited by gr79; 02-18-2019 at 10:21 PM.

I really need to stop reading the news coming out of Ford. Everything I read makes me just more and more p!$$ed.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26670/w...ang-crossovers

We've already discussed the Mustang crossover thing. What really caught my attention in this article is this:

"According to the story, which runs in the April 2019 issue of MT, the Aviator/Explorer platform was originally intended to also be used for a range-topping Lincoln sedan—presumably a competitor to the Cadillac CT6. Lincoln head honcho Joy Falotica apparently knew better than her counterparts at Caddy, however, because according to MT, she canned the fancy four-door before the project could get off the ground."

G******it, Ford! With every decision, comes another huge disappointment!! Lincoln could've finally been taken seriously as a world class marque, but nope. Trucks only. Hey, let's even water down our only remaining car, the Mustang by making it a truck. Brilliant!

By the way, Taurus production just ended too. Might not have done quite so poorly lately if they hadn't kept the new version they'd already done all the development on just for freaking CHINA.

Name:  ford-taurus-china-shanghai-1-3.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  34.0 KB

Yeah, it's been out for years in China, but they couldn't take the chance it might succeed in the US. It's not a truck, after all.
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Lincoln could've finally been taken seriously as a world class marque, but nope.
    That ship sailed many, many decades ago.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678