Close

Definitely NOT a "survivor" as he says by any means but for sure a nice car. That thing is nice. The black wheel lip openings are not for looks. They are to cover up rust repairs. Let's be for real. I don't blame him for asking what he is. I don't believe it is worth that but I suspect he could not care less what I think and that is fine. I think he will have a hard time getting that for it but if I was even remotely interested I would stay in touch. If you are willing to wait a couple months, you might just get it for what you want to pay.

Such a nice car except for those damn black wheel arches. is that paint or stuck on? And it came from the same dealership in Pleasantville NY as mine!
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Would that be Pleasantville Ford? I purchased my 92GT from there
    Current Cars:
    83 GT Turbo All org w/ org paint 127k miles
    84 GT350 5.0 Period correct changes 5spd T Top 44k org miles
    83 LTD Wagon I6 65k miles
    2010 Mercury Milan AWD
    2019 Flex SEL

Past Cars: 79 Pace Car 5.0 Auto, 80 I6 Coupe, 79 I6 Coupe, 81 4cyl Coupe, 92GT, 83 Capri RS Turbo, 82GT TTop, 83 GT 5.0, 84 GT350 5.0 Auto, 86 ASC Capri coupe #1, 78 5.0 Granada Coupe, 03 MACH 1 2013 Flex Limited

Quote Originally Posted by vxr500 View Post
    Such a nice car except for those damn black wheel arches. is that paint or stuck on? And it came from the same dealership in Pleasantville NY as mine!
    Never seen the car but my money is the black is to cover up the repairs to the rusted fender lips or they cut out the rust and fabbed some type of flare. If you notice there is no vertical edge any more. Then go look at a stock fender or quarter. Nobody would spend money to do that on nice quarters or fenders.
    Last edited by homer302; 04-25-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted...I stand corrected
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 05-14-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

This is my friends car, I seen him last week and he said he would be selling it. It's nice having another 84Gt Turbo in the area to hang out with and the car is very nice but I don't see it selling at that asking price. The market for these GT Turbos just isn't there.

So do you know about the fender flares....is it hiding rust/body work or just a stick-on mod?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    So do you know about the fender flares....is it hiding rust/body work or just a stick-on mod?
    They were added as a mod, body is rust free and straight. There is a bunch of little dress up items on the car, not my own taste but its not my car. Here we are together at Carlisle
    [img]18881793_1436779956364924_9059328296371482659_n by Joe Biel, on Flickr[/img]

Default comments on my car

Hello everyone and thanks for the comments on my car, I do appreciate your opinions, what a shame everyone is focused on the wheel opening moldings. These stupid wheel opening moldings were huge dealer installed options back in the 80’s (if anyone remembers) they were chrome when I got the car 25 years ago; I took them off for a while but the left some marks in the paint. There are NO rust repairs under them as it is original paint I wanted to retain the OE Ford paint, or as much as I could so I replaced them with new ones in 2010. I bought new ones and I scuffed and painted them satin black I figured it looked better than the marks in the paint on the quarters and fenders. Nothing about the list of positives the car has to offer all the documentation that comes with the car the original build sheet, all the Marti Reports, repair and parts bills that date back to the early 90s a couple of examples, the pile of parts that come with the car factory wheels and the spare extra wheel that was refinished at the same time the others were done. Not many of the other cars posted for sale are in 100% working order with Ice Cold A/C and working cruise control, updated factory Ford radio with USB port and Bluetooth etc. etc. I see the other cars posted here for half the price and that were driven hard and put away wet, interiors that look like a pack of wild monkeys tore it apart giant cracks in the dash, sagging headliners, rusted floor boards and rocker panels, engines with a ton of miles with no refresh or overhaul puking oil from every gasket, the one posted in Colorado Springs is an example and it will cost double the purchase price to recondition her. I understand and do value your opinions. Have a great days guys, it’s all good, we all love these four eyed foxes.

please note………bear with me as I am new to this forum and not as accustomed to this site as you might be, I am saying sorry in advance if I am not as proficient here as I should be.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice looking GT turbo. Good luck with the sale. Wish it wasn't out of my price range. If my 82 GT doesn't sell I think I'm going to do a 2.3 turbo swap. Always liked the Lima motors. Good luck again.

Thanks very much for the clarification. As stated a few times by myself. I had no idea what was under those and could only guess. Your information does help a potential buyer. I have been around these since they were new on the lot and I never ran in to one (obviously based on my comments) where the dealer cut the brand new factory sheetmetal and installed fender flares but I am sure some dealers in that time did odd things such as that. I have no doubt. That certainly does not suggest that what you are saying is not true, it's just a fact for me personally. Good luck selling it. I have had a GT Turbo and I for one LOVE them.

Nice...thanks for chiming in and clarifying. I love this comment...."interiors that look like a pack of wild monkeys tore it apart" This one too..."engines with a ton of miles with no refresh or overhaul puking oil from every gasket" except even my 14k mile '82 GT leaks oil from everywhere
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey