Close

Default V8 swap harness differences

Good evening yall, I am finishing up a V8 swap on an 86 coupe and have some questions about wire harness differences. I tried looking through the diagrams posted and cant seem to have any luck. My car was a 4 cylinder auto and I got the harness out of a 86 GT with a five speed. I have the engine harness and body harness from the GT installed and all of the connectors that would match up connected. There are 8 connectors that dont match up and wanted to see if they are things I will need. The first 3 photos are apart of the V8 harness and attaches to the dash from the engine bay on the drivers side. I believe that the two butterfly connectors are for the clutch pedal assy. which I dont have yet...(5 speed swap planned.)

The next 4 photos are where the dash harness connects to the body harness and runs to the rear. These two are from the 4 cyl harness into the dash.

And these two are from the GT harness to the rear.

Any help identifying these would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The only two I say for sure are the two "butterfly" connectors are for the clutch switch. I think the first two connectors do not get used but I am going from an 85 perspective.

Yea that's all I have been able to find myself lol. I'm hoping that the other connectors are just options my car doesn't have.

Likely just options. Did you use the tail light harness from the V8? It's needed, as it has the fuel pump circuit built in.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Yes I did use the taillight harness and I am hoping they are just options lol. The motor should be ready to go in within the next two months so i'm gonna try and look through the wiring diagrams a little closer but worst case I'll put the motor in and see what happens.