Close

Default New ICM plug = No Spark

I have a 1984 GT Turbo that started and ran fine before I started, but in order to fix some crumbing wiring I replaced the connectors and about 18 inches of wiring to the Ignition Control Module and Ignition Coil Connector. I fluxed, soldered and heat shrink all connections, but now I have a no spark condition. I tried to pull codes, but no codes are present. I have power to both sides of the ignition coil with key on. I pulled the ICM plug and have power to ICM and Coil wires with key on.

When should the Red/Light Blue connected to the IDM plug with get power? The wiring diagram shows it connected to the starter and the clutch saftey switch. I was assuming it should put when I am cranking.

Any other ideas to check? I found the How to solve an EFI no start post on http://sbftech.com, but the pictures are all missing so it was hard to follow. I am tempted to buy a new Motorcaft ICM Module and new coil, but I don't want to just throw parts at the problem especially since I was playing with the wiring.

Even though it started before I soldered in the new wiring, I replaced the TFI module yesterday; and she started. Now, I apparently need a new timing light to get it re-timed properly. My timing light was my dad’s and is probably 40 years old or older. The trigger isn’t working right.

Congrats on getting it started back up.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4