Close

Default Built 86 Thunderbird Elan one owner, Crate 302, 5-Speed, rear disc 3.55, Cobra Rs

I have my 86 Thunderbird that I am selling. Some background on this car is my grandma ordered this car and purchased on 6/12/86 at Ketterhagen Ford in Whitewater, WI. It was a 3.8 auto car.

I decided to swap the car a few years back and it started with an engine harness from an 86 Élan 5.0. All I added was the mass air pigtail, rest was plug and play so not cut and spliced. Has a c&l mass air with an a9l computer. It is a Ford crate 302 with x303 aluminum heads, e303 cam, gt40 (real) intake, 24lb injectors. Has BBC full length headers and flowmaster 3 chamber mufflers. Also has cold air, underdrive pullies, electric fan, 4 core radiator. Has new spec clutch, world class 2.95 T-5 with steel retainer and pro 5.0 shifter. Rear end is a 8.8 with 3.55 gear from 87 TC witnrear disc. There is a bbk adjustable fuel pressure regulator, rear brake line regulator and adjustable clutch cable and quadrant.

All brand new rotors, calipers, pads, struts, shocks, 17x9 chrome cobra R's and brand new 245/45/17 front and 275/40/17 rear tires. Also has brand new 255lph bbk fuel pump.

This car cruises down the street straight as an arrow and moves out great

All it needs is paint, I have original fenders but they have the corner lamp holes.
    I have a fiberglass cowl hood and original Motorsport 3 piece wing for it as long as many sets of tail lights, beezels amblems ect.

I have way too many toys and need to sell some. Asking 6000 for everything and you could not come close to duplicating for that. I am not desperate to sell and would love to see it go to a great home. I love the car. It has 86,xxx original miles on body.

Car is located in Machesney Park, Il call or text Brad at 815-988-1905. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Here are some more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Have a new opportunity that would require me selling this car. Would be willing to take $4500 for the car but has to be with in the next week. If you are interested pm me. I pulled the car out of storage and drove it to work the other day. Possible partial trades for a motorcycle.

I have had a few inquiries and a couple come check it out. With that being said, I also have the original fenders with corner lamps, extra headlamp Velez's, 2 extra grills, turbo coupe tail lights, extra door seals, trim, original bill of sale when purchased new. When the car sells, I will also have a fiberglass cowl hood for sale and a three piece rear wing. This will not be for sale until the car is gone though. You need to come see the car! I'm toying with having it painted as this seems to deter a lot of people

I am toying with the ide to have it painted but the will pry keep it lol. It really is a grea car for a steal!

Can the moderators please remove the ad, thank you