Close

Question Window Motor Mount Hardware ?s

So I was wondering if one can use a nut/bolt to mount the window door motors to the interior frame of the doors as opposted to using rivets. I'm about to drill out the rivets to replace the motor and would like to know what my options are, including width/length of nut/bolt combo and grade. Can anyone help me out? I couldn't find anything searching this topic, but I'm sure it's been done before.

Also, what's the best way to support the window once the motor is ready to be removed without it falling into the door. Can't be breaking any T-top glass afterall.
    '86 Mustang GT T-Top, 5-lug Cobra brake swap done
    '96 Mustang Cobra 302rwhp 296rwtq, Sold and missed
    '11 Mustang GT/CS, Traded and will be missed
    '13 Taurus SHO, Performance Pack, hit and run, totalled
    '17 Fusion Sport, Livernois tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Rear Swaybar, Big Mouth Ram Air, GFB+ valve, Steeda Catch can, TTR FMIC (Garrett Core)

Yes you can use bolts and nuts. Iirc I used button head bolts. They have lower profile heads. They are either 1/4" or 5/16" I can't remember. Length is very short only 1/2 or 3/4 inch. I use nylon lock nuts so nothing can vibrate loose. I also use the same things for power lock actuators.

What year car do you have? On my 86, you can remove the window motor without having to remove the regulator from the car. It should just unbolt with a 10mm socket.

As for holding the window up, if the regulator is installed, I have used a small block of 2x4 to wedge it up. If the regulator is out, I have gently lowered the glass into the door.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    What year car do you have? On my 86, you can remove the window motor without having to remove the regulator from the car. It should just unbolt with a 10mm socket.

As for holding the window up, if the regulator is installed, I have used a small block of 2x4 to wedge it up. If the regulator is out, I have gently lowered the glass into the door.
    I've an '86, as per my handle.
    '86 Mustang GT T-Top, 5-lug Cobra brake swap done
    '96 Mustang Cobra 302rwhp 296rwtq, Sold and missed
    '11 Mustang GT/CS, Traded and will be missed
    '13 Taurus SHO, Performance Pack, hit and run, totalled
    '17 Fusion Sport, Livernois tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Rear Swaybar, Big Mouth Ram Air, GFB+ valve, Steeda Catch can, TTR FMIC (Garrett Core)