Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1986 LTD Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wells View Post
    It has A/C. It's a1981 Zephyr wagon so maybe it's different?

Tom
    The Foxes are all pretty much the same. If it has AC, it's a PITA.

Was the AC functional? My LTS has AC, but it was non-functional at the time of the heater core work, thus I was able to disconnect the AC lines and have better access.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Every time i see the AC removal threads, i'm glad i have a no AC car. I can remove the heater core and even the whole heater box with the dash in place.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

My A/C is functional, R12. I have no intention of disconnecting anything. It would have been nice if they had thought about servicing failing heater cores though. Speaking of heater cores, the one i installed was a Motorcraft brass unit. I bought it 4 or 5 years ago after buying this car. I could smell antifreeze back then, but it never leaked a great amount. I put it off because I dreaded it. The center of the LTD dash extends down the trans hump which makes it more difficult to move out of the way. I just figured since I fixed the timing cover coolant leak, now was the time to finally do the heater core.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    The Foxes are all pretty much the same. If it has AC, it's a PITA.

Was the AC functional? My LTS has AC, but it was non-functional at the time of the heater core work, thus I was able to disconnect the AC lines and have better access.
    It wasn't functional at the time I replaced the core. Come to think of it, I may have replaced some A/C component there at the same time - it's too long ago for me to recall...

Tom

Heard a metallic chirping noise the past couple days. I hate that kind of stuff. Looked at it today and determined the rear u-joint was the culprit. One of the bearing caps was dry. Probably the original. So, I got that done.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345