Close

Question Is there an AC Suction Accumulator hose with the correct notch?

Hello all. I was about the purchase an accumulator hose for my 86 and the parts store didn't have one that has the correct "notch" that fit's into the compressor. Does anyone know of a source that has one? I know I can dremel it, but I'd rather not.

Thanks guys.

When I replaced my accumulator/hose assy. I modified the end of the hose that you're referring to and tightened the fitting and that was in 2009 and it's still holding it's position. You should be okay if you do that. You could also add a little Locktite too the threads of the compressor for added comfort but I didn't do that.

What I'm really concerned about is the chips that I'll create and the amount of time that it's left open to the atmosphere. Although I don't think it should take more than 2-3 minutes to do the cut - maybe that's ok.

FEP Senior Member

You will have to vacuum the system down anyway which should remove any moisture that might get into it. Being open for 2-3 minutes isn't anything to worry about unless you are working on it while submerged.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

FEP Power Member

I think I had an issue on one of my cars. I stuffed a cloth wipe into the hose end and trimmed it. Rinse with solvent to remove the debris then pull out the cloth wipe. I think maybe it was my 89 and the new compressor was the problem. I think there is a removable insert on the compressor side.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles