Close

Default Valve cover spacers

I got the Saleen back together and running, but Im hearing a noise. A stethascope made it seem like a rocker arm on no 6.
    When I took the factory valve cover off it was like Christmas. Pretty blue SVO 1.72 roller rockers. I found the noise. It seems the rocker is making contact with the baffle shield.
    So my question is this: What are my options, vc spacer, xtra thick gaskets or taller covers? I'd like to keep the factory look. Do they make taller factory style '85 valve covers? Or remove baffle shield?

Remove the baffle shield.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

You could cut out the area it's hitting or remove it like Jess said and get a baffled valve cover grommet to control oil.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I bought Felpro rubber gaskets with metal cores in them that are almost twice as thick as the old cork gaskets. Between that and a little massaging of the tin over the baffle I should be good.

The 93-95 cobras used stock plain stamped metal covers like the crown vic s and standard output motors had.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Upon further inspection the spot the rocker arm is rubbing on the shield has worn thin to the point of having tiny cracks. I discovered this when I tried massaging the offending area. At the same time as I tapped the spot with a hammer, one of the rivets holding the shield in popped out.
    So at this point it looks like I will be removing the shield for what has become multiple reasons