Close

Default Nice reasonably priced Southern 1982 GT

This is obviously a project. I saw this car in person at Charlotte AutoFair Sunday. I do not know this person at all. Just met him that day. But he seems legit based on what little conversation we had. He sort of buys and sells on the side, but not just Mustangs and not full time. He bought this from an employee of his so he says. I crawled under it. It MAY have the cracks in the floor that nearly all of them did but if they are there, they are REALLY small. I could not find them with the car on the ground. There is ZERO rust anywhere under it or on the frame rails. The inner Quarter panels are amazing. And I don't need to justify that with a "for being a 1982" either. They are CLEAN clean clean. Exhaust is dumped after the mufflers but it's not like rotted out and sounds like a dump truck. It sounds reasonable for a '82 GT with dumps.

Ask me any questions you want. I put the VIN tag in the decoding thread for Mick to decode. It's pretty obvious he put new plugs, wires, carb and intake and dizzy cap on it and it looks like a master cylinder, tensioner and belt too. I'd just guess he bought it cheap in non-running "sitting for a while" condition for not much and got it running and driving and stopping. Worst thing about it is that awful sunroof though I checked and I didn't see water stains on the headliner and it certainly doesn't smell musty inside. He dropped his price $800 before I introduced myself so I know for a fact that $6,000 takes it home. It has a BRAND new carb on it and it started instantly with no smoke or issues. It cranked as soon as he hit the key. It has a 5 speed in it and the rest is largely as Ford left it. Including the 7.5 rear and slapper bars. I didn't drive it but he drove it from High Point to Charlotte and I assume back with no issues. There were no puddles under it. Driver's seat foam is done. It is a vinyl car. Odometer shows 96 but certainly at least 196K. Ask me anything you want to know. I don't know this guy but I think for the money this car would be hard do find somewhere else this nice. It is located in High Point NC. I am just trying to help someone on here find a decent car for a decent price rather than see it continue to get modified.

EDIT: the tires did look really old to me but I never thought to check the date on them. They did look dry though.

Last edited by homer302; 04-09-2018 at 04:09 PM.