Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I was able to sort out the fittings on the Hydroboost connections from the master cylinder to the lines out the wheels, and was able to eliminate the proportioning valve as well. At this point I won't be running any proportioning valve, but we'll see how it feels when I first take it out. With my Cobra master cylinder and brake booster, I didn't run a PV, and it felt good. It will be interesting to see if the hydroboost acts any differently.

Name:  brakeline-fittings.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  70.2 KB

Here is a pic of the fittings on the HB pump. I went with the steel fittings versus the aluminum, as they are more resilient to removing and reinstalling, or making and remaking if needed.

Name:  hb-fittings.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  95.0 KB

I am planning to finish cleaning up my headlight harness, removing all ignition and alternator sections out of the harness, as well as the three plugs that normally sit up next to the wiper. I will also eliminate the fender mounted starter solenoid, and run all of the wires behind the apron, under the drivers side fender. It should clean the engine compartment up a good bit.

Then, hopefully we can get the engine, transmission, and headers on so that I can test fit the coolant, heat exchanger, and power steering reservoirs. Hopefully I'll have some pics from this weekends progress.
    Last edited by vdubn; 05-18-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Got a lot done, with many thanks to friends that came over and helped to wrestle the beast into the car. The weekend started with the VMP pulley puller arriving and within 2 minutes I had the stock pulley off of the supercharger (awesome to have the right tools). My Dept of Boost intake kit should be here by Thursday, so I should have the new pulley ready to install by the end of the weekend.

Quick shot of the pulley removal:

Name:  pulley-puller1.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  pulley-puller2.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  58.3 KB
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

The next hurdle was getting the engine into the car. I lifted the back as high as I could safely go, then removed the shifter from the T56, and ran my engine leveler to full angle (trans down), and with four of us, we got it super close. When I first built the car, I installed the additional roadrace brace that braces the K-member for track use. Well, it V's from the center of the K-member, and angles back to the A-arms, and these two bars hit the oil pan, since the oil pan sits like 1" behind the K-member. That brace was a bear to install, but within about an hour, after pulling the A-arm bolts, I had it back out, and set the engine all the way into the car. Here is a look at the brace.... AJE is actually going to make me one that will fit behind the K-member, and still brace to the A-arms, and the best part... its a 2-piece unit, so should be way easier to install.

If you look close, you can see the silver lines where the corners of the oil pan were hitting.

Name:  aje-race-brace.jpg
Size:  96.6 KB

The next issue, I found out as I was dropping the engine into its mounts, was that I had to remove the PS pump, as the return elbow was hitting the swap bar brackets. Even though I was running the SN95 brackets, it hit up close to the mount flange on the frame. I ordered 1" K-member spacers today, so those should fix this issue, and also give me the room I've calculated, that I can still run my stock hood with the supercharger. I should know for sure by Friday or this weekend.

Name:  ps-pump-interferencew.jpg
Size:  110.8 KB

Once I pulled the brace and the PS Pump, it dropped right into place, and the oil filter was super close. So, after some research, I found the Ford Motorsports part number, FL820S, and its about 1" to 2" shorter, so should give me plenty of room, and not require that I drop the sway bar to change the filter.

Name:  oil-filter.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  51.4 KB

Then I proceeded to install the Stifflers trans crossmember, and driveshaft loop, which went on SO easy!!! I can't say enough about how nice those parts are. I got the trans totally mounted, and then went to isntall the aluminum driveshaft. Greased and slid the yoke into the transmission, then went to mate the rear to the differential, and oops. Flange on the driveshaft is 1/2" larger in diameter. Come to find out, to run the aluminum driveshaft behind the T56 Magnum, they install 3350 U-joints, which are larger than the 3330 or 3310 U-joints found in the Fox Body cars, so I have to run an 03/04 Cobra IRS rear diff pinion flange, which I will have by Thursday. Hopefully I will have that all together by this weekend.

Name:  differential-flange.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  52.2 KB

Now, I had a few folks mention that I could just run a "conversion" or "bastard" u-joint, and use a small flange from a Fox Body. My main issue is strength, as more than a couple mentioned that they are much weaker than a std u-joint, and to do it right, the whole driveshaft would need to be rebalanced after installing the new flange. Since I am looking at around 550 to 600 hp, I don't mind spending a little extra time and money to finish it right. I bought the new Cobra flange today, $49, and will install it this weekend.

The other thing that I spent a lot of time doing this weekend, was mounting the PCM, and the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I had to fab up a metal bracket to install behind the carbon fiber inner aprons, to support the FPR, and I also had a buddy make a large washer that was the shape of the PCM flange, made out of 1/8" aluminum sheet, and had nut-serts installed, so that I could just screw the bolts to secure the PCM, into that, and sandwich the carbon fiber apron, making it super strong. It would have probably been fine with just mounting it to the carbon fiber, but with the aluminum plate on the backside, it really supported the PCM and the apron, so that there won't be any issues later on. These turned out really good, and mounted super clean.

Name:  PCM-mounted.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  fpr-mounted.jpg
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  PCSM-FPR-Mounted.jpg
Size:  80.5 KB

Finally, the engine was all set, and man does it fill the engine bay. I have less than an inch clearance between the pass side header and the frame rail. You can almost see in this pic how tight it is:

Name:  header-frame-clearance.jpg
Size:  63.4 KB

Here are a couple of pics of it all in and sitting pretty:

Name:  engine-mounted1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  engine-mounted2.jpg
Size:  82.9 KB

The space on the drivers side between the hydroboost setup and the valve cover is pretty close. Should have a bit more room once I install the K-member spacers.

Great progress!

LOL, my passenger side is right on my frame rail. I'm worried about my hard brake line that runs on that side of thr frame rail.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

One last thing I conquered this weekend, was stripping out all of my alternator, TFI module, ignition, starter solenoid, and related fusable link wiring out of my headlight harness. I started with this coming through the firewall from the dash:

Name:  headlight-harness-cleanup-old.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB

Then I removed everything, and re-wrapped it all, and ran it through the drivers side fender rail. I think it turned out pretty good, I just need to secure it now to the fender rail, and shorten the headlight harness that goes to the passenger side, but that will be a bit later.

Name:  headlight-harness-cleanup1.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  headlight-harness-cleanup2.jpg
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  headlight-harness-cleanup3.jpg
Size:  52.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by STL79Coupe View Post
    LOL, my passenger side is right on my frame rail. I'm worried about my hard brake line that runs on that side of thr frame rail.
    Which K-member are you running, and are running any spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by vdubn View Post
    Which K-member are you running, and are running any spacers?
    UPR spaced down 1", but no other issues so I'll deal with it. It's just a drag car that will see the street once in a great while.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

I've made some progress this week, and also feel like a took a few steps back.. I've been trying to get to a place where I feel like the car is actually going back together, but every corner I turn I seem to be taking the car further apart. I had to pull the rear wheels/tires, rotors, and calipers to measure the pinion drag before swapping over to the 03/04 Cobra pinion flange. That process to a while, but at least I was able to match the pinion drag and got the driveshaft connected. However, while doing that work under the car, I come to realize that the brand new T56 Magnum I installed and filled with fluid only 3 days prior, has a leak at the tailshaft housing... crap! So, this weekend, I will be removing the tail shaft housing, draining it of all fluid, and inspecting it to see if Tremec didn't put enough RTV beteen the housings, or if maybe there is a casting defect, or worst case a crack. With any luck, I'll have it back together by Sunday.

I also received the 2012 GT500 Cold Air Intake, and the CAI muffler delete tube, along with the Department of Boost Intake Manifold and installation kit. What a piece of art. I did a test fit this morning to see if I'll be able to fit a stock hood over the blower. Its going to be close.

Here's a pic of the intake manifold set on the engine:
    Name:  dob-intake-testfit1.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  80.0 KB

Here is a pic of the supercharger sitting on top of the intake, along with the CAI... I will probably have to trim the plastic housing down to just the MAF housing, as the plastic airbox is too big for the fox body engine bay.
    Name:  dob-intake-testfit2.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  88.9 KB

I get my 1" K-member spacers tonight, so I will be installing those, hopefully getting the PS pump reinstalled, and starting to tear into the T56. Then depending upon time, hopefully get the rear brakes all back together, and go from there.

I got a good bit accomplished today. Even though I ran into a leak in my brand new T56, at the tailshaft housing, I spoke with the company and they recommended that I pull the tailshaft housing and check the RTV sealant. Here is what I found when I pulled the tailshaft housing off the case
    Name:  t56leak1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  58.7 KB

So, I got it drained, left it over night, and got it super clean and reinstalled the housing. I also left it empty, and I'll fill it tomorrow, and hopefully no more leaks.

I then got the K-member 1" spacers installed, and checked the height of the supercharger from the fenders view... looks close.
    Name:  supercharger-profile.jpg
Size:  57.1 KB

Reinstalled the hood, and took a picture through the headlight, and its just resting on the insulation. Insulation sits off the surface of the hood by about 5/16". Right now the supercharger is sitting about 3/8 off the manifold, due to a boss I need to clearance off the bottom. So, I should gain another 1/2", and based upon the position of the hood right now, I think it will just clear the stock hood.

Name:  hooonblower2.jpg
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  hood-clearance1.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  hood-clearance2.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  35.3 KB

This is exciting to see! I'm kind of doing the same with my 84. I'm using a 5.4 sohc Lightning engine and am planning on using an m122. Hope my blower doesn't stick out anymore than yours!

Btw, I also installed the MM HB kit last weekend, super easy to install and would recommend to anyone. Just waiting on my MM k member so I can install the damn engine

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chemo View Post
    This is exciting to see! I'm kind of doing the same with my 84. I'm using a 5.4 sohc Lightning engine and am planning on using an m122. Hope my blower doesn't stick out anymore than yours!

Btw, I also installed the MM HB kit last weekend, super easy to install and would recommend to anyone. Just waiting on my MM k member so I can install the damn engine
    Just an FYI, the 5.0 Coyote has a block deck height of @ 8.937 inches vs the 5.4 block deck height of @ 10.079 inches. So unfortunately I can almost guarantee your 5.4 with Supercharger will sit taller than Vdubn's.

I am doing a similar swap to my 82 GT using a Navigator 5.4 DOHC, but no supercharger. I don't currently have an intake installed as I still need to purchase the Holley EFI Sniper unit I plan to use, but it appears that mine will just fit under the stock hood if everything goes according to plan. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Trey beat me to it... El_Chemo, I'm afraid you'll need to run about 1.5" or 2" K-member spacers to get that to fit under a stock hood. I've seen guys run 2" spacers, but for me, even the 1" sketched me out a bit. Not for any reason really, other than losing ground clearance, etc.

Lots of progress from the long weekend. I did my test fit of the SC version of the Power By The Hour alternator brackets, and ran into an issue. The Department of Boost kit has an idler bracket that mounts in the valley between the heads, but its directly in the way of one of the alternator bracket stand-offs, so I contacted PBH today, and they are checking to see if VMP sells an idler bracket that they know to work with their alternator bracket. Roush has an idler bracket, and its known to work with the PBH bracket, but they don't sell it separately. Here is a pic of the bracket that I got from Department of Boost, and also a pic of the Roush bracket from the PBH instruction sheet, so you can see how different they are.

Roush idler bracket:
    Name:  RoushBracket.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  40.9 KB

Dept of Boost idler bracket, with the stand-off that I need to add to support the alt bracket:
    Name:  dob-idler2.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  dob-idler3.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  73.7 KB

Here you can see that there is really no room to use any but one of the threaded holes to get adjustment for the idler... this is why I may need to go with at least one smaller idler, if I need to use the Dept of Boost bracket.
    Name:  dob-idler4.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  74.6 KB

I will post back once I know more.

Update on the oil leak on the brand new T56 Magnum. The resealing of the tailshaft housing did the trick. Its been full of fluid now for 3 days, and no leaks at all, that's refreshing, and I'm happy to have everything buttoned back up.

I test fit the X-pipe, and its super close to the Stifflers sub-frame on the drivers side. I'll see if I can move the engine over to the drivers side just a tad, and it should be fine.

The last really big thing I was able to get accomplished this weekend, was that I got both the Power Steering cooler, and the GT500 Heat Exchanger, and Water Pump mocked up and mounted temporarily. I also got the passengers side coolant hose routed around the core support (I used factory GT500 hoses so far, and it looks like it will work perfectly). The drivers side is still in question, and the outlet of the Heat Exchanger is so close to the core support, that I may have to grind a radiused section out of the core support, so that a 90 degree formed hose can fit without rubbing a sharp edge of the core support.

I ran into an issue with the stock location of the HE water pump. In this position, the bumper cover hit the water pump right behind the grill:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  66.8 KB

So, I rotated the pump 180 degrees, and fabbed an extension bracket to drop the pump below the back side of the bumper support, and rotated the coolant elbow 180 degrees, and it all bolted up perfectly, and the passenger side hose wraps around the core support nicely.
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install2.jpg
Size:  74.6 KB

I spaced out the HE just a bit with these spacers:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install5.jpg
Size:  58.0 KB

This gave plenty of clearance on the back side of the HE, so that it won't hit the radiator fins:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install3.jpg
Size:  62.6 KB

Here you can see both hoses are connected to the pump, and how the hose wraps around the core support:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install6.jpg
Size:  73.6 KB

Continued.....

And this shows how the hoses continue around the core support:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install7.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  52.8 KB

And on the back side of the radiator it comes out just under where the HE Degas bottle will be:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install10.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  95.1 KB

Here it shows how close the drivers side is to the core support, and the sharp edge that the hose has to pass by. I think that I can grind about 1/2" off of the flange, to make a smooth surface for the hose to pass over, so hopefully this will end up as clean as the passenger side:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-install4.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  47.5 KB

Finally, I got the PS Pump cooler installed. It mounted nicely right behind the hood latch, and the hoses connect to shortened versions of the factory PS loop that comes through the core support, so it worked out pretty clean.

Here is the factory loop, showing where it mounts in the core support:
    Name:  ps-tubes1.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB

Here is the loop where I cut it. Then I flared the ends to hold the hoses on. The flares didn't end up as clean as I had hoped, but its return fluid, so not a big deal.
    Name:  ps-tubes2.jpg
Size:  102.4 KB

Name:  ps-tubes3.jpg
Size:  141.3 KB

And finally, here is the cooler mounted with the hoses connected. I still need to add clamps, but you get the idea. In the end, I am really happy with how its all mounted up, and its in really solid, so no issues down the road hopefully.

Name:  powersteering-cooler-install.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  110.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Just an FYI, the 5.0 Coyote has a block deck height of @ 8.937 inches vs the 5.4 block deck height of @ 10.079 inches. So unfortunately I can almost guarantee your 5.4 with Supercharger will sit taller than Vdubn's.

I am doing a similar swap to my 82 GT using a Navigator 5.4 DOHC, but no supercharger. I don't currently have an intake installed as I still need to purchase the Holley EFI Sniper unit I plan to use, but it appears that mine will just fit under the stock hood if everything goes according to plan. Good Luck!
    Hey thanks for the measurements! Ive been looking everywhere for them and came empty handed. As far as spacers, im thinking of running the ones MM sells. I think they're 3/4" spacers. And I'm not planning on running the stock hood. It fell on me the first weekend of owning the car and knocked out my canine tooth out completely lol I know have to pay 4k to have that fixed haha. But I am planning on running a cowl hood, so hopefully with the spacer and the m122, I won't need anything taller than a 3 inch cowl. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze a 2incher

Mad progress! Can really see the build beginning to take shape here.

I see a lot of dollar signs as I look over all of the parts and pieces going into this project. I sincerely hope its everything you had hoped for an more once its done!

For me I'll be quite tickled once my silver 1985-006 Saleen build is back in my driveway. The aluminum head pushrod stroker going in should do well, and its going old school Edelbrock carb so no computer anything to mess with for the time being. I just haven't played with one since I was a kid so call it a midlife thing I guess.

I had my 86GT out over the weekend and made a few solid passes with it and cranked a few corners before I put it away. Its not turning 10's or 11's but somewhere in the high 12's. Plenty to get into trouble with for sure. I was running up to 6100 and throwing full powers shifts and was rolling by the end of the 1/4 on the pass where I found 3rd right away. Honestly I was having fun and I really hated to back out of it-- it was eating well in 3rd by then so I didn't right away. I stayed in it until 3rd was revved to 6100 and pulled 4th in anger then backed out of it and put it in 5th. I really would have liked to keep going until 4th was rapped out too, but it takes a different type of crazy to do that in rusty old fox -- at least different than I was this weekend.

With the kind of power you're likely to see in your boosted Coyote combo, you had better get busy pounding out the rear wheel houses for the 315/35 ZR17's now. Even those don't stand a chance unless you roll into the power and run drag radials out back 100% of the time.

Enjoy the hobby and enjoy your build!

Oh-- and while you're at it if you don't have one already then put a cage in it. At least a street cage if nothing else. Something to keep friends around if things go sideway.

Btw, I cant believe you fitt all that behind the bumper. And Jack Hidley never mentioned to me anything about running a power steering cooler. I tried my best to try to fit my heat exchanger, radiator, trans cooler, and my ac condenser, but its just too tight. So I won't be keeping the ac system for now unfortunately. I wonder where I'm going to mount my PS cooler now. I have my trans cooler mounted where you have your PS cooler. And I'm probably going to have to fab something up to keep the HE in place, at the bottom opening so it can get max airflow. I thought about buying a fluidyne HE, but seeing how massive it is, I don't want to risk buying a part that won't fit and/or won't let me keep my fog lights for whatever reason.

Keep us in the loop, its looking great so far!!

That stock "cooling loop" is a joke...... many radiators have a transmission cooler built in that works great for this type of application in a car with a manual transmission.

Always an option to add a nice high flow filter along with the cooler setup of some type.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chemo View Post
    Btw, I cant believe you fitt all that behind the bumper. And Jack Hidley never mentioned to me anything about running a power steering cooler. I tried my best to try to fit my heat exchanger, radiator, trans cooler, and my ac condenser, but its just too tight. So I won't be keeping the ac system for now unfortunately. I wonder where I'm going to mount my PS cooler now. I have my trans cooler mounted where you have your PS cooler. And I'm probably going to have to fab something up to keep the HE in place, at the bottom opening so it can get max airflow. I thought about buying a fluidyne HE, but seeing how massive it is, I don't want to risk buying a part that won't fit and/or won't let me keep my fog lights for whatever reason.

Keep us in the loop, its looking great so far!!
    Thanks for the kind words and words of encouragement (Erratic50 and El_Chemo)... I am not running A/C mostly due to keeping things simple, and it just happened to work out that without the condenser, I had room for the HE. If I ever go to a larger HE, I will probably just grab the AFCO unit, and try to get one without the fans. I have heard that the fans are really useless unless you are in stop-and-go traffic... above 20mph they say its really more of a hindrance than a help. They are taller than the stock HE, but not wider, which should still fit ok behind my bumper support with the brackets I welded in.

James, As for a cage... I won't be doing that, but I don't plan any more than a run or two down the drag strip, and honestly probably won't go all out. Just like your description of events, with such an old chassis, it makes me nervous thinking of running it all out with another guy going that fast right next to me. I do have a seat support bar that I plan to wedge between the B-pillars, that will help a little bit, and I may have to go with 4-point harnesses. They are a pain in the butt, but better to stay safely seated then the alternative.

I made some good progress this week. Also made some decisions that required making some changes, and of course, spending more money to get things done right. I knew I was on the verge of fuel flow capacity with the factory 1986 fuel lines, with 1/4" return, and 5/16" supply hoses, but I figured I would be ok once I upgraded to the 450 lph Walbro pump. Well, in the process of doing the fuel pump swap, and after talking to my tuner, I realized that I needed to move up in the fuel supply area. So, I opted for the Quantum fuel hanger, and the Walbro 450 lph fuel pump. Here is a pic, it shows the AN fittings welded to the return and pressure lines. This was a bear to get into the tank, but worth it in the end.

Name:  quantum-fuel-hanger-pump.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  27.7 KB

Then I opted for the Coyote Aeromotive 14130 Fuel Rails, these will fit under the supercharger, and flow up to way more hp than I'll be running. I then proceeded to have to buy a bunch of AN fittings, and Fragola Puch-Lok 8AN hose for supply, and 6AN for return. So basically 1/2" supply, and 3/8" return. No dead-head like the factory rail, just supply into the back side of the rails, then the front side dumps into the FPR and 6 AN returns back to the tank. I opted for the cloth braided Push-Lok hose rather than stainless braided hose, because I can't stand cutting the stainless stuff, cutting my hands assembling threaded AN fittings, and also have any kind of conductor on my fuel lines.

Name:  aeromotive-fuel-rails.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  42.9 KB

I was able to get the Heat Exchanger fully installed, and mocked up the hoses, as well as the dual degas bottles (one for the HE, and one for the engine). Here you can see how I mocked up the HE degas, and the second pic shows both. These will clear the hood, and I will need to fab up some brackets to mount these to the fan shroud.

Name:  degass-bottle-mockup2.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  degass-bottle-mockup1.jpg
Size:  81.5 KB

Here are the coolant hoses from the back of the Dept of Boost manifold, these run to the degas bottle for the HE, and also to the pump for the HE. I ordered 1" vinyl mesh to cover all of the coolant hoses, just like the factory does it. So I will install that after I get everything mocked up and ready to seal up.

Name:  intercooler-coolant-hoses.jpg
Size:  64.7 KB
    Last edited by vdubn; 06-12-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast