Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I also got a chance to get the radiator hoses connected. Ran into an issue trying to run the Coyote swap hose that LMR sold me, as it clearly wouldn't work with the Power By The Hour power steering pump relocate. Here is how it looked when I did a test fit

Name:  lmr-lower-rad-hose1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  71.3 KB

As you can see here, the pump pulley was in direct contact with the LMR hose.
    Name:  lmr-lower-rad-hose2.jpg
Size:  39.5 KB

So, I got some good advice that the factory 2012 Mustang lower hose would work with some trimming. I got it today, and it fits perfect without any trimming. More than an inch of clearance between the PS pulley and the lower hose. Its worth mentioning that the hose is on upside down, but works perfectly.

Name:  factory-lower-rad-hose.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  78.8 KB
    Last edited by vdubn; 06-12-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

I ran into an issue with the Dept of Boost idler pulley bracket, as referenced above. After a week or so, I finally got the Roush FEAD bracket that is used in most of the VMP SC kits, and after modifying it, I got it installed with the dual idlers, and it fits perfectly!

Name:  roush-FEAD-bracket.jpg
Size:  70.7 KB

Finally, I was able to do a test fit of the front bumper. I had to clearance a tiny bit for the HE coolant pump on the back side of the lower section of the bumper. Its all hidden nicely behind the bumper so you can't really see it, unless you look for it. I am hoping that the heat exchanger will get decent airflow, as its right behind the bumper support, but worst case I will see if I can fab up an air deflector or something similar to divert air up into the HE.

Name:  frontbumper-fitment.jpg
Size:  40.3 KB

Should have my pedals back this weekend, and then I will be able to install the pedals and steering column... tomorrow the fuel rails show up, so if I can get those installed, then the Supercharger can get installed, and keep plugging away at the small work. Wiring is coming along as well, but I'll wait and do most of that after all of the equipment is installed.
    Last edited by vdubn; 06-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Made some more good progress this weekend. Started with my pedals. I had picked up a set of pedals out of a 2000 Mustang, brake and clutch, and took them to a friend who is much better at the finer/detailed welding skills, and had him transfer the clutch pedal pad from the 2000 Mustang over to my 1985 clutch arm, and then had him transfer the brake pedal pad from the 2000 Mustang, onto the Maximum Motorsports Hydroboost brake pedal arm. This allowed me to use the late model aluminum pedal covers that match the Coyote Swap, drive-by-wire gas pedal. Small detail, but if I didn't do it, I would have literally had three completely different pedals, and I thought wouldn't look right. I'm happy with how these turned out.

Name:  pedals-installed.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  71.0 KB

I also was able to get the vinyl mesh wrap on my heat exchanger hoses, and on the passenger side heater hose. The drivers side is all ready to install, but I need to add clamps. I have been using the crimp-on style to kind of hide a couple of the unions I've used to make the hoses fit like factory would look, but I can't seem to find hose clamps that fit the OD of the 5/8" heater hose. I found warsbo plumbing clamps for the 3/4", but no luck on the 5/8". Does anyone have any recommendations for a low profile clamp, other than the worm-drive style that are pretty bulky?

Here is what the Heat Exchanger hoses look like after covering them:
    Name:  heat-exchanger-hoses.jpg
Size:  94.1 KB

Here is the passenger side heater hose. Turned out really good.
    Name:  heater-hose-install.jpg
Size:  90.7 KB

I also got the alternator main battery connector wired up, with a nice stud cover.
    Name:  alternator-wired.jpg
Size:  48.7 KB

The 4 gauge wire coming from the terminal in the firewall, will travel along with the main Ford Racing Control Pack harness, right above where the header is, on the passenger side. I also added heat reflective tape onto the carbon fiber inner fender apron on the passenger side, to keep it from distorting from the header heat, you may be able to see it here as well:
    Name:  wire-heat-wrap2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  90.4 KB

I will be using this heat reflective wrap, and wrapping both the harness and the alt wire, to protect it from the header heat that will radiate up between the head and the inner apron:
    Name:  wire-heat-wrap1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  108.0 KB

The last few things I was able to sort out, were getting the intake manifold completely installed, setting up the fuel rails, and installing the supercharger pulley. As you can see, the pulleys line up perfectly.
    Name:  pulley-installed.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  76.8 KB

The fuel rails turned out perfect as well, I needed to have one of the AN fittings be a 45 degree instead of a 90, so I ordered that, and will have them today. These fuel rails make it super easy to get to the lower bolt that holds the supercharger elbow to the supercharger. Apparently with the stock Coyote fuel rail, its really tough to get to the lower bolts.
    Name:  fuel-rails1.jpg
Size:  85.5 KB

I was assembling the Fragola 8000 push-lok hose by hand this week, and had to heat up the hose to get the fittings installed. Well, the 8 AN stuff goes on pretty easy if you heat the hose good, but the 6 AN stuff it next to impossible, especially if its not a straight fitting. The 45 degree fittings at the fuel tank were impossible to install. So, I came across a good deal on the Koul Tool AN fitting installation press. I should have it in just a couple days, and am looking forward to building all of my lines in just a matter of minutes. Here is a pic of the vice, works awesome, and can even install the fittings dry, literally takes just minutes to install. According to the folks at Koul, the Fragola 8000 push-lok hose it the toughest to work with, and they confirmed that a vice is really needed, especially for 6 AN and smaller sizes.
    Name:  koultoolpress.jpg
Size:  54.5 KB

Had to post this, as a bit of a teaser for a Supercharged Coyote setup. Its not in a Fox Body, but you get the idea...

https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.hung...8450907169610/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345