I knew I'd get a reaction if I flamed the other 5.0. Lol. The catch can I was referring to is the oil catch can on the 5.0L Coyote cars I've seen.

I agree on the tuning stuff. I think I have a LOT to learn about some of the aftermarket plug-in systems that are available for our cars currently. Plugs directly into the 60 pin connector, adds a USB port and a USB to ODB2 port, and is self tuning..... wow.

Every time I see stuff crammed into a car where it doesn't actually belong I cringe because of the amount of effort and engineering it takes to create a reliable Frankenstein. Back in high school my brother's car was a 1979 Grand Prix that originally had a 3.8L Buick. We did the old 350 Buick swap. Of course we went to 73 350 and put 68 Wildcat parts into it.... because why not. Well-- we were rewarded with a toasted transmission because the one behind the V6 only had 4 clutches per pack, not 5.... Then the rearend went. Then the make-shift brackets and mounts we had to fabricate went. etc. It took about 18 months to get that car to the point you could just jump into it and drive it anywhere again.

then there was the list of parts from the parts bins that I had to combine to actually make that stupid car work. Lose that notebook and you won't know what the hell to buy when a part fails.

It's sorta like Street Outlaws when Farmtruck says they should go down to the parts store and say they need parts for a 1964 Gonorail. Simple right....

Honestly even with just the parts I've changed about my 1986GT that is the main thing that irritates me about it. I miss the days of being able to simply say I need X for a 1986 Mustang GT 5.0L 5-speed with factory AC and they go get my stuff and I leave.

Of course now as fewer and fewer four eyed foxes are having trips made to the parts store for them and more and more are finding their way to breaker yard and scrap heap its getting harder to buy parts period.

There are so many cars that get lost in modification too. They start off with a less than 50K mile car that's nice and the next thing you know its a gutted out ratted out roller that was rattle canned. You know -- like my 1985GT Trey is working on right now. The are great then somebody rips it apart in the name of changes and doesn't complete the job. There it sits in the garage or shed. Meanwhile no kid is talking about the car they almost got to ride in.

I keep a stash of parts on hand thats big enough to keep one four eyed fox running as daily in most situations. Without that stash there's about no way that would be possible now-a-days.

Good luck on your swap. With careful research and planning and a solid budget I'm sure it will go well. Whatever you do, don't let a nice car get lost in modifications.