Close

Default Which Motorcraft MAP Sensor for stock 86GT

I was removing plenum and pulled to early. Broke the hose connector coming from MAP sensor. Looking for a Ford oem replacement for MAP sensor. Searching around I found Motorcraft parts DY430a, DY503, DY520, DY527 and maybe a few more. They all look like they fit but not sure which would be correct Ford replacement. Didn’t see any replacements on the typical Fox parts sites. Any ideas?
    MCA#103463
    '86 GT Hatchback, T-Tops, 5 speed, Med Canyon Red, 21k miles.
    '85 GT Hatchback, Sunroof, 5-speed, Black, 11k miles.

Excuse to switch to MAF so the vacuum hose is left disconnected? Lol.

When mine went out I simply went to the Mcparts store and bought one.

id get the Wells
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...)+sensor,11207

X2. I camt figure out what the difference is between any of them. I have a hand ful from old junked cars, and they all work the same. Even from different years and motors. I think the one I put in my 86 was from a tempo.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll probably go for one of the Motorcraft ones
    MCA#103463

Correct part number for the MAP sensor is DY-503, the DY-430-A is the older part number for the part. I looked it up for a 86 Mustang with a 5.0. I'm not sure what the other numbers fit, but the DY-503 was the last available part number and it is discontinued from Ford currently.

I've gotten equal years use and distance out of Wells vs Ford on this particular part. Just hit up the mcparts store.

My car has nearly 1/2 million miles spread across 4 MAP sensors. The last one I replaced was 2009 so years wise its made it longer than any of the other ones. Miles wise, not nearly as many but it still works great. Its a Wells.

Thanks for the additional info on the mcparts and the Motorcraft part numbers. Good stuff. I was looking for something close to original so I went with the Motorcraft DY-503.
    MCA#103463