Close

Default 1976 Mustang Cobra II Black & Gold

I think I accidentally hijacked another's thread so I figured I would start a new thread. I have been after this particular type car since high school. I tried to buy one about 30 years ago and got bait and switched and have quietly looked since then to find one like the one I tried to buy many years ago. I bought a green 77 about 5 years ago and a 78 silver one last year. I wanted a black and gold one 4 speed and finally got one. I ran the Marti report prior to buying the car but it did not come to my email until I got back from a 13 hour road trip to buy the car. Luckily it is a true 302 Cobra II 4 speed car which was black and gold from the factory. 2 Owner car prior to me and was restored around 20 years ago with new paint and upgraded drive line.

A ford 9" conversion was done with 3.50 gears. 302 was rebuilt with Edelbrock heads and Holley carb. Guy before me installed a new wiring harness, new clutch, and new steering system.

I added new rear tires, new speaker boxes, new spark plug wires, and had the drivers seat cover repaired. Its a very fun car that really gets the looks and is super fast.

IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2usvl0g.jpg[/IMG]

I love it! I sometimes miss my King Cobra II. Especially when I see a nice Cobra II like yours!
    Very nice car man!
    '70 Mach I, Sold and Regret Every Second of it!!!
    '78 King Cobra, Sold
    '84-1/2 GT350 Vert. (My Latest Toy)

Good God that is one wicked sexy Pony II!!!!!!

Too bad I have no parts left from mine you could a clock on the passenger side dash plate. I sure love that steering wheel, that is the only part I have left from mine.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Nice!
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

He had a Grant steering wheel on it and I yanked that off and took this one off the 78 I am selling at Mecum and put it on this car. Much better.

Very, Very nice

That is really cool. I'm so glad they are FINALLY coming into their own. They deserve it. My first car was ALMOST a '78 Cobra. It was white with red stripes and red interior and a 4 speed. I wanted it bad. My father was going in half with me on it (plus he was my Dad, LOL) and he vetoed my vote due to rust bubbles on the quarter around the gas cap and some other areas. I always wondered what happened to that car. I think they are neat. Nothing out there was running 12 second quarter miles, let's face it.

Man!! That brings back some memories. My best friend had a black and gold one. We had sooo much fun in that car. Great looking car!

FEP Senior Member

I’ve owned a few of these and loved them. They were under appreciated and like the fact they are getting a larger following.
    Congratulations.

Nice, I really like the looks of these.