Close

Default Hello there, i'm T5Cobra from the Netherlands

Hi everyone.

I'm Ronnie, 44 years old, and fixing my wife her 79 T5Cobra. At the register, they told me it's the only 79 T5 fastback in there, and it's also a cobra. I have the Marti report. This one had a few modifications, but just the wheels, rear lights and rear wing. Just have rebuild engine and trans.

Pictures come later. I first have to pay some bucks to photobucket. Stay tuned.

Thanks, see ya.

Welcome!

Try imgur.com. Free and works well.

Mike

Welcome to FEP. I would like to see all of the documents, tags, sheets, stickers, etc that you have for the car. I collect, database and decode everything. Thanks.

The T-5 Registry doesn't have a whole lot of 1979 models registered. Last I checked they had about five.

We don't know exactly how many were made. The only number that we have confirmed so far is 312 Ghia coupes. That number is courtesy of Marti Auto Works.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Yes...i read your thread about info on tags vins dataplates etc. The Marti report says that there were made 168 T5 hatchbacks in 1979.

I will put some pics in your thread next week.

Thanks

There will be four different T5 production numbers. One for each body code. Yours is 03. There is a Ghia hatchback code 05.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

02 = 2-door sedan (coupe)
    03 = 3-door sedan (hatchback)
    04 = Ghia 2-door sedan
    05 = Ghia 3-door sedan
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Ok. You're the "numbersguy", and you know more about it than i do. Cool. I will look for mine and send you some info.

Regards,

Welcome from one Dutch boy to another!

Thank you guys

Welcome to FEP from another Dutch Boy in Az.
    We're all waiting on those pics!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed