Close

Threaded View

Made it out with my 86GT yesterday. As the photos attest, it had been sitting in storage long enough for plenty of dust to collect on it. It gets a bit more ratty every time I see it. There won’t be too many outings left for the old gal before it’s time to enjoy the 85 while the 86 is getting completely blown apart and reformed from the ground up.

Im slowly coming around to the idea of basically doing a body swap. A straight rust free 86 shell in the rockers, floors, torque boxes, rear frame rails, and roof would be a very good start for that build. The alternative is a big stack of repair panels and a ton of time.

Either way there won’t be that much of the original 1/2 million mile car left. Parts wise I already have a facia, hood, fenders, doors, and hatch that can replace the rotten mess that’s there.

Im just glad the 85 is the polar opposite of my 86 in the body condition department. There are few foxes around that are as nice in the bones as the 85 now that the roof swap is finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images