Close

Default C4 Transmission Valve Body

So I was doing a shift kit install Transgo 40-2 and everything was going just fine until reinstalling the parts together. On the picture the TMV valve at least what i think its called, doesn't want to go into its slot. I've tried moving it around and pushing it through different angles but it just doesnt want to budge. Any suggestions, I put it in the freezer overnight I'll see if it "shrinks" enough for another shot tomorrow, but the only other thing i can think of is slightly griding the edge to assist it in going in but I'm not sure if that will affect its function. Name:  c4 tranny.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  134.0 KB

Was it difficult to get out? Is it the original, or a new one from the kit? Dunno, what happened? Get a nick on it's corner? Should have a bit of clearance, not interference...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Default C4 Transmission Valve Body

Not difficult at all to take it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironcore10; 03-24-2018 at 12:25 PM.

I was able to finish the project. Not sure if it was the best idea, but I taped it with a rubber mallet, but the little piece moves around just fine in the valves. No complaints about the transgo shift kit, the part that was stubborn was part of the original valve body, not the reprogramming kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk