Close

Default Low Mileage '87 Thunderbird T/C

-This forum is more Mustang than T-bird, but posting where I can. For Sale is my late Father's '87 Turbo Coupe. He purchased this new
    back in the day from the now closed Prestridge Motor Co. Having ridden in the Turbo Coupe that paced the Atlanta 500 that year,
    he liked the looks of the pace car, so he had the same style GFX installed on his. He seldom drove the car until he passed away in '93.
    I got the car after that and have had it ever since. I've drove it maybe 200 miles to some shows since then.(25 yrs) The current mileage is
    roughly what shows on my sig. (740) Car still has plastic on the seats, original paper floor mats, and assembly line stickers. These are not
    current pictures, but the car rarely moves, as it is stored in my garage, under a cover. I will be glad to elaborate on any questions you may have or get you some specific pic you may like, but I will be out of town for the next couple of weeks.(till April 2nd) I will be able to talk, but
    wont be near the car.
    Car has original window sticker still in it, I have the original build sheet from the dealer that came with the car. Everything is
    original to the car except the battery to crank it, but I have that also. The only problems I know of it has, is the active suspension light
    stays on all the time. it will not go off. That is a symptom of the electric actuators, but I cant verify that is the problem. I drive it so little, I have not been concerned with it. The other is my wife opened her van door against the drivers door when we moved into our
    current house in 1995.
    You can see it in the pics, you may or may not be able to tell it, but wanted it known. I will try to do a better pic of that. Car has NEVER seen any kind of wet/inclement weather. Only comes out for shows, when I have time, or the yearly removal for garage cleaning. Stays stored and covered 99.99999999% of the time.

Anyways, price is $22k. You can see on the window sticker that this car was over $17k back in '87. A 5k increase in 31
    years in not a bad price whatsoever, if you ask me. Easiest way to get in touch with me, with my work, is a text . All questions will
    be answered. All welcome. Phone # is 256-223-9809
    Car is located in Alexandria, Al.

-will post pics shortly....
    Last edited by shorangerbird; 03-24-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    '87 Turbo Coupe - 660 mile original
    '86 Turbo Coupe - 74k mile stripper

Few pics....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Beautiful T-bird.
    Hope you get every penny you're asking for it.

Guess I should look at things closer, as you can see the car only has 660 MILES on it. But when you only crank and/or move it once a year, that's what happens. Anywho, here is some actual current pics from this a.m. b4 work.......
    -this is the car in it's "normal" state.....

Last edited by shorangerbird; 03-22-2018 at 03:54 PM.

WoW! What a time capsule. Good luck with the sale.
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

-Am home from my trip now, availiable for talks, pics, or showing the car. thanks

Man that is awesome. What a gem. It's destined for a museum I would think. I believe your price is very fair. Go find another one as nice (for sale) is pretty much all you have to say. Do you think it could ever be a driver again? Does it actually still build boost and stop okay? It was his car and he did what he wanted to with it and there's nothing wrong with that. I bet he enjoyed looking at it. But that is 1987 brake fluid, coolant, hoses, fuel filter and pump, brake lines, master cylinder, brake pads, AC refrigerant (maybe), tires etc.
    Either way, I hope you get what you want. I have ALWAYS wanted one of those. I have driven several of them and they were amazing in the day.

What a beautiful car! Good luck selling it!

Thanks, erratic50, homer302. I suppose someone could make it a driver if they really wanted to. I have replaced the oil once, but not the filter, since it's painted from the factory. still boosts fine, last i made it do it. I don't push it hard when I do get it out. I keep stabil in the gas. For the coolant, I just make sure it and the brake fluid is full. the brakes has the teves antilock system on it. most people think its hydraboost, but not. kinda like a predecessor to it, but not. Tho, i'm sure a person could change and flush the fluids and have all systems checked and it could be driven without worry........

Last edited by shorangerbird; 04-05-2018 at 11:15 AM.