Close

Default Help me ID some wires

I'm rewiring some things in my car and doing some wire hiding and I came across this section- curious if someone can help me determine what I'm looking at. I BELIEVE the relay may be the A/C WOT cut out relay, but I'm not positive. What I'm really curious about is the black wire with the C-shaped connector. The wire jacket has what may be a white or light gray stripe. This originally terminated near the starter relay, but was not connected to anything. Thoughts?

Name:  20180320_063255.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  103.8 KB

Name:  20180318_083859.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  83.7 KB
    '86 GT T-Top
    Hillbilly rebuilt 302, Twisted Wedge 205s (yep, you read that right), TFS-R intake, custom cam, all the fixins. 110% street car.
    12.9@109.6 granny shifting on street tires.
    351 Wheezor build in the works.

What year, engine, etc.??

Sorry, it's the car in my signature. '86 GT.
    '86 GT T-Top
    Hillbilly rebuilt 302, Twisted Wedge 205s (yep, you read that right), TFS-R intake, custom cam, all the fixins. 110% street car.
    12.9@109.6 granny shifting on street tires.
    351 Wheezor build in the works.

Did you figure out the wires? Ikeep thinking about it but can't think what that is for.

Have you identified the chassis ground for the computer yet? It splices into the fender area next to the solenoid and battery.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Rip apart that 4 wires to one mess of a ground. Home run it with heavy gauge wire straight to the battery. Add a loop to the wire and another nut on the post

If you still have a stock grounding strap, replace it or extend your negative lead to somewhere on the core support or K member.

Marvel at how much better stuff just works..... thank me later.

this is what we did to my sons 86 after fighting wiring gremlins and burning fusible links for weeks on a daily driver! Was about to punt the thing!

New User

I also need to find out what this black wire with the C shaped connector goes to. Did you ever figure it out?