Close

Thread: flange gaskets?

Default flange gaskets?

Hello everyone,

Received the new h pipe two days ago and was wondering if I need flange gaskets. H pipe is a new unit from DEC and looks factory which is what I plan to keep the 86GT at. Current cats rattle and pipe has a small hole developing. Plus the whole thing is thirteen years old. I'd say I don't need them but want to be sure before we take it apart and bolt it up.
    Thanks.

Well since no one cared...
    The DEC unit is quite nice but needed modified to actually fit my car. The car is undamaged and completely factory. But the "passenger side header" side of the h pipe was a little off so we had to get creative to make it fit rather than alter anything else. After that, it fit fine and sounds good. If anyone wants a factory replacement pipe with good cats DEC makes a nice part but be prepared to make some adjustments for it to fit. Maybe 86GTs were not like the following years but I'd still recommend it. And no, flange gaskets were not needed.
    Cheers

I bought flange gaskets at O'riellys Auto Parts. Autozone had them also. Buy extra's, they are a pain to wedge in.

Kenny