Close

Default 1986 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 speed - $4800 Palm Beach Gardens, FL

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto...530927921.html

1986 Ford Mustang GT hatch, 5.0 5 speed, Saleen clone, 5 lug Saleen Parts, 94 Cobra Wheels with Nitto Tires, Flowmaster cat back BBK cold air intake, leather interior, power windows and locks, 140 Speedo, dash is original and Perfect with no cracks, a lot of new parts, clean FL title in my name, runs strong. No rust underneath very clean car. Paint is a 5 footer. $4800 obo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to see detailed paperwork to believe the speedometer is “original”.

Possibly dealer installed as 86’s were never available with a 140.

Ive recently stumbled across a few cars that were dealer or performance shop modded before they ever left the dealer with the buyer. But the factory didn’t install 140 mph, that was illegal in 1986.

FEP Senior Member

Huh?
    Curious,where in the ad did you read that the car came originally with a 140mph speedo?
    '86 Med.Canyon Red Met.(original paint) T-top,5 speed,3.55 rear,MAF conversion(A9L).MM adj. RLCAs,T/A,Panhard Bar,and adj MMRSB-3,rear T/A springs 375#-440#,MM C/C plates,MM 1.125" dia.swaybar,STB,4pt KMB,FLSFC's,'03 Cobra rack-n-pinion w/ Saginaw pump conversion.Bilstein MM coilover conversion and A-arms,front spring rate:250#.

Skimmed and misread. My mistake.

My next question would would have been miles but I’ll leave the conversation to the still interested.