Close

Default Kenny Brown Racing Foxbody!?

I believe I may have stumbled across a seldom known / unknown to FEP Foxbody Mustang build. It's one I haven't seen discussed anywhere before.

I am not not sure what it was called for sure - possibly the Kenny Brown Racing or Brown Racing Mustang.

Multiple cars were built in Omaha in the mid-80's. They have Saleen's Racecraft suspension under them. They had options for wheels and body kit parts. The one I have pictures of has ROH wheels. They had race options that could be picked like a track or a street cage and "short" or cut through the floor subframe connectors. Lower K brace, strut tower brace, onion head strut brackets, or an early design caster/camber plate, etc.

Multiple cars were apparently built in the mid-80's by the late SCCA Racibg champion Paul Brown.

Here is a picture of the one I found at the World of Wheels in Omaha,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by erratic50; 03-17-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Years ago there was a Silver Tutone 86GT T-top for sale, it had all the Kenny Brown suspension pieces on it, floflits and other period correct mods. The ad stated the car was sent to Kenny Brown as part of a package they offered to upgrade Foxbody Mustangs. Sadly the pics I have of the car are on a dead PC.

It's a very interesting one. They were doing mods to new cars before customers took delivery and they were doing mods to cars after they were titled.

I saw an Autokraft modded 91 at World of Wheels today too. Looked like it had their classic body widening tricks applied to the sheetmetal. You can't tell them from stock unless you really look which as the cool part about what Doug and team were doing back then.

Maybe that's what your clone car is.

Yeah sounds like you may have stumbled upon a possible link to your unicorn!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

That is David Bitner's car. It is an amazing car and also a magazine car with a ton of history. You need to talk to him whether it's on FB or in person. He is awesome to talk to and the car is amazing.
    Name:  31652764-1BC8-483C-ACB2-61D554219958.jpeg
Views: 258
Size:  186.5 KB
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-18-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

We talked for a while at the World of Wheels.

I have a friend who knows Kenny Brown. Reportedly Kenny has the paper trail details on the pre-title dealer requested and period customer requested new cars built and many were built by Paul. At least for those that had the Racecraft suspension put in them as that came from Saleen via Kenny Brown racing.

I’ve given him my VIN and a few calls will be made soon, then I’ll know more.

Its my understanding that the cars may have had options for Saleen body kit parts.

Reportedly there was a company in Canada buying the parts from Saleen and building Racecraft equipped cars with body kits too.

Little surprises me about all of this.

Davids 85 is very special. A preserved period car built by a now deceased SCCA racing legend. I’d jump at the chance to own it.

Still curious what my car is.

I found another picture surfing the web. Love the old HPM sticker on the fender of David’s car! Early design near max caster that’s fixed with an adjustable camber in the plate and a more solid upper strut mount, a uniquely designed strut tower brace. Love how the air cleaner is swapped and the inlet tubes are still there. Looks like there is a 3 core radiator there too.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by erratic50; 03-19-2018 at 12:22 AM.

I just had a thought which is probably just me being paranoid..... what if all of the HPM mustangs went out Canyon Red?

My 85 obviously received a high dollar “tear everything apart” repaint with color change.

My plan is build my Saleen clone in 1E silver. What if I then find out its “wrong” for the history of the car.

Hopefully I’ll have more info about these cars and the details on mine shortly.