I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Ive recently swapped a 351W and AOD into my 85 GT, and have just started working on it again since the weather has been reasonably nice (no garage). The AOD I have is out of a 1985 LTD with a column shifter, I had no idea there were different linkage setups with transmissions like this. From what ive read, it looks like im going to have to change out the linkage in the transmission itself to get it to work with a stock floor shifter. I would much rather get the tranny working like it sits, but i guess thats not an option? Im having all kinds of problems finding this linkage setup. The only one i can find is the Lokar linkage. Im not sure if that will work or not with a TV cable setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Ive attached a picture of my current setup as it sits in the car, the long arm coming down by the cable is the current linkage arm, and a picture of the part i think I need. Honestly this looks different from any of the other setups ive seen. The numbers on the transmission come back as an AOD. Im just really confused. Thanks for all your help, you guys rock!

Name:  linkage.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  linkage part.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  128.1 KB