86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

nice car, be better if it was all stock, he'd probably get $10,500

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I think that is a great price for a mostly original, 15k mile car. If the overall condition matches the mileage I would buy it in a heartbeat as well....minimal effort to restore the exhaust if you really wanted to, and the plug wires and hoses.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

i have been in conversation with the seller and thought the same thing as buy it now. it has concerns. dent in hood, crazing paint on one side of hood. heater core bad, ac not charged, speedo noise, etc. pretty firm on price. getting some closer up pics tonight. has good docs though.

how bad do these things hurt value.

This car is sweet & worth every penny.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Looks like it has an alarm installed too. The exhaust would be pretty hard to find for concours- if this car is a good candidate for that, maybe or maybe not. I would bet this is a TRX car. I would be surprised if it had 14" wagon wheels. Squirrel are you getting pics of the original wheels that he has?
    Last edited by 83GTJIM; 03-12-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    i have been in conversation with the seller and thought the same thing as buy it now. it has concerns. dent in hood, crazing paint on one side of hood. heater core bad, ac not charged, speedo noise, etc. pretty firm on price. getting some closer up pics tonight. has good docs though.

how bad do these things hurt value.
    Car will need some tlc to bring it back mint again. Non of the issues are uncommon for a 35 year old 15k mile fox. Probably have to paint the hood and front fascia. The reproduction stripe they make that will go back on the hood wont match the original on the front clip. Rear bumper seems faded out to. For a few G's you could have a mint show worthy 1983 GT. I would leave the exhaust on there, just have the tailpipes reinstalled or new tailpipes put on. They don't hang right.

i am passing. has a big scuff on one of the bumpers, crazing is bad on one side of hood. heater core bypassed, ac not cold. alarm, etc. shifter has been changed too. dent in hood. outside does not look like a 15K mile car, inside does. does not have car fax or mileage proof. said mileage may be on some old inspection reports.

mine had 8K more miles than his and none of those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    Looks like it has an alarm installed too. The exhaust would be pretty hard to find for concours- if this car is a good candidate for that, maybe or maybe not. I would bet this is a TRX car. I would be surprised if it had 14" wagon wheels. Squirrel are you getting pics of the original wheels that he has?
    Its a 14" wheel car according to the ad. Those wheels are included and are in excellent shape.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Its a 14" wheel car according to the ad. Those wheels are included and are in excellent shape.
    Yes, I know he said that but I am wouldn't be surprised if he was confused. I have had several people not know that TRX tires were metric- even though it says so right on them.
    MCA #110307
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

The only real thing that would concern me with this car is if the brake line was rerouted correctly to clear the passenger side tailpipe. Most people put them on and don’t move it, which could cause rubbing on the line and brake failure later. I know my 84 wasn’t done right before I got it, but it is now.

Unless the body issues are horrible, I honestly could see an $8,500 car there.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Perhaps...... this is a good illustration of why the low or ultra-low mileage cars which have no or essentially no issues are bringing such solid money. This is a very nice car but it does have some problems. It is hard to keep a car in "no issue" condition for 35 years; "things happen."
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Is the 'Premium Sound System" emblem on the dash factory?

Yes, "Premium Sound System" is factory. It will have the pull amp switch down by the drivers right knee on the bottom of the dash.
    MCA #110307
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Those bright orange markings and needles on the gauges sure are yummy looking. ESPECIALLY with T tops. That car has spent it's life inside a garage for sure. They fade out quick on T top cars. That is a nice car. The rear bumper sure is a totally different color than the quarter panel. Something there does not add up. Lower quarter probably has been painted to fix chipping possibly. As noted, too many little things for that much money but the interior is a home run.