Close

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Default Manual window regulators for front door - different between 2dr and 4dr/wagon?

My '82 Zephyr 2-door has manual windows. The driver's door regulator looks like at some point the screw that holds the window crank in place either broke off or was cross-threaded, and then someone tried to fix it or drill it out and ruined it. So, I'm in the market for a new driver's door manual window regulator.

Are the manual window regulators different between the 2-door cars and the 4-doors / wagons? Based on the listings on Ebay, and on how the parts are listed on car-part.com, I'm fairly certain the answer is YES, they are different. But, I figured I'd ask here just to be sure I'm not unnecessarily restricting my pool of possible donor vehicles.

Thanks!
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

We had this discussion years ago and I cannot find it now. In that thread, it also tells about 2-door sedan regulators.
    From what I remember, the 4-door and wagon regulators are the same based on front door matching front door and rear door matching rear.
    The 2-door coupe is different than all 4-door and wagons.

Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Excellent, thanks for the pics - that makes it very clear how they're different.