Close

Thread: Need some Help

Default Need some Help

Need some help to determine if I did something wrong on this website. I used to be able to see the "Wanted" sub forum and replied to some posts of items they were looking for. Now I get this message (see below) and the "wanted" sub forum isn't even there. I sent the web master three messages and he still has not responded (trying to determine if I did something wrong replying to folks posts). Anyone know how to get and answer from the web master? I own 8 fox bodies in my collection (79 Pace, 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 84 GT-350 Conv, 85 SVO, 86 GT Conv) and this is a good site for information and to help others with parts they may need on occasion. Other Mustang sites that I am involved with let folks buy and sell parts without any issues (7173 forum, 74-78 Mustang II forum, S550 Forum, Blue Oval forum, etc).

[h=vBulletin Message]2[/h] Motorcity Mustang, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

FEP Power Member

New users are limited on posting for sale items. Likely the same for wanted. I suggest you read the sticky note in that section.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

1. To post an ad to sell parts, you must meet one of the three conditions:

The board automatically prevents those who do not meet the above requirements from posting. Do not spam to try to hop up your post count, and please don't bother complaining about the post count issue. The requirement is occasionally waived when replying to a "wanted" ad (abuse this, however, and you WILL be booted from the Classifieds, or perhaps the whole site).

3. Sellers Replying to Ads - Sellers with 0 or very low post counts will be watched and scrutinized by site staff. Those deemed by the staff to be willfully avoiding the posted rules in the Parts - For Sale area will have their posts removed and Classified access revoked for a length of time to be determined by site staff, in some cases deletion or banning will result.

Bottom line: you have a very low post count (7 posts) and do not have either supporter status or 30-day parts-for-sale pass, and you have been replying to a lot of wanted ads. That is not allowed. Either get your post count up to 100 without "spamming" or pay for a 1-year (supporter status) or 30-day parts for sale pass.

Thanks for the advice. Was just trying to help folks out with parts that they are looking for if I had some left over. I read the sticky note, but didn't think replying to someone's wanted ads would be a violation. Guess I was wrong. Funny that the Webmaster doesn't respond and you have to figure this out on your own. Thanks once again for the advice.

Hey Mike....I would suggest some pics of your cars in the Online Show & Tell section, that is if you interested in showing them off. That is sure to garner some attention and questions about your stable that will help boost the post-count Having seen some overview shots of your warehouse I know I'd love to see some individual shots and learn more about your Foxes!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Jason, Thanks for the idea. Don't mind sharing them so others can see some original Foxes.