Close

Default Converting to 2016 power seats?

I'm in the process of converting my fox body with 2016 mustang power seats. The passenger side was an easy hook up adding power and a ground to the harness.

The drivers side has been difficult. By adding power and a ground to the harness, I got the lumbar to work. I have bypassed the memory module, but still can't get the seat to work? Has any one else attempted this?

I'm confused to why there would be a seperate power wire to just the lumbar adjustment. I would think that would be right in there with the memory adjustment.
    Do you have a pic of the plugs? How many wires total are there for the drivers seat?
    I guess worst case scenario would be to run individual power to each motor in the seat but it wouldn't be easy because of the switches being in the mix too.

It's my understanding by looking at the wiring diagram that everything, but the lumbar had been run through the seat memory module. When I power up the motors by bypassing the switch the motors still don't run. I did get one motor to work until it bottomed out. At that time I had learned that one side of the motor harness was positive and the other went negative battery power.

You need to run the wires into a reversing switch. Probably a double pole double throw switch would work. How many pins are on the back of the switch that moves the seat forward and backward?

The switch has 10 pins: power and ground and 8 seat movements.

Does power come into the switch and then to the module or into the module then to the switch?

The power bypasses the module. Power, ground, and lumbar bypasses the memory module. The seat switch 8 way wires go into the module. Each motor has 4 wires.

Did you try to power the module too?
    Im betting there is power going thru the module to make everything work properly.
    Do you have a wiring diagram for the whole setup? It would make things easier to figure out.

[ATTACH]119686[/ATTACH During my research I learned the motors are brushless and hall effect. Anyone work with that before?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dansranger; 03-21-2018 at 06:15 AM.

I think the biggest problem is that new cars have all these different "modules" and they all have to talk to each other in order for everything to work properly. So here's your time to shine and become the hero by figuring it all out. Take notes as you go for others. If I had all this in front of me I could probably figure it out.
    If all the motors have 4 wires then 2 wires are hot( 1 wire for each direction) and the other two should be grounds. You might have to rewire everything and use a few separate switches to make every function work.